Chapter 36: The Final Countdown

Jude

It's been a blast.

Since Saturday, I have been having an amazing time next to my first ever boyfriend.

It's been nothing short of amazing kisses and surprising declarations of love. We have been dating for less time than Layla and Blaine and they are nowhere near us in that regard, not to say that they aren't a strong couple.

They are going well, but I'm smitten by Kuckunniwi Becker. I have no words to explain this properly, I just am. It's like we've known each other forever, we just clicked and I can't have enough of him.

But I have to. Today is Friday and by midnight tonight my eyes will be glowing and not out of rage for my brother. Not tonight. I know it's coming. I was prepared for this day since I could first shift into a wolf.

It has long been believed that the day you first shift into a wolf - what we call our consecration to the Moon - is the same day in which the Moon Goddess, Selene, chooses your partner for life within your mating range.

Yes, I'm talking about your soulmate. The one you're destined to be with, the only person who can complete your soul. The only being who you can mark for eternity, after you two make love, biting each other on the neck.

But if Beck doesn't shift, how is he biting anyone to complete the bond?

I have no idea, but though I worry about his happiness, today is not the day to talk about him. Except to say we're spending almost the entire day together since it's our last. This is actually going to be sweet.

I know I'm in for a heartbreak, but I knew that from the start. I can only brace myself for impact in T-Minus...

"Good morning, sons. I know what today means for your respective partners, so that's why I'll allow them to come here to stay with the both of you. But don't push your luck with your bedroom doors. I'm not opposed to taking them down by force if they're closed. I'm not joking." - Dad greeted us as we met our parents for breakfast in the kitchen. Mom is by the stove cooking.

My dad never jokes, just F.I.Y. Maybe with my mother he is playful, but not with us. Not unless he is drunk and we never get to see him in that state. Anyway, I wasn't about to try to have our first time inside my room on the verge of being mated away from Beck. *eye roll*

"Yes, Alpha. Thanks for the compromise. Though I'm still hoping to be mated to Cassie." - Quentin stated, faking confidence. He doesn't convince me, but I don't waste my breath.

"All I know is that I'm getting a car tonight. But thanks, dad. I appreciate it." - I said, taking a dig at my brother.

"You should've never bet the car you'd be mated to Cassandra. It's a terrible gamble. No Alpha has ever gotten their mate right in the history of our pack. Not for a century!" - Dad glared at him, reprehensibly.

I smiled boastfully at him, looking positively smug.

"It was a spur of the moment kind of thing, but I have faith mom is taking pity on me and buying me a new car." - Quentin used his charm with our mother, who scoffed.

"Good one, son. You can take my car when I'm not using it. But no promises. I need to be available for my pack members." - Mom rolled her eyes, not amused by his antics.

We had an excellent breakfast mom prepared for the occasion. Probably neither of us are going to wake up tomorrow early in time for breakfast, considering the party is not gonna really start until midnight.

Afterwards, I took my car to pick up my boyfriend for our last day together.

I'm sure it's gonna be an emotional day for us, but we have to face it head on and make the best of the time we have left. That's how I'm choosing to face today. I started by making out with him inside the car parked in the school parking lot.