Chapter 95: Zombie

Jude

I'm sorry, what did you say?

I'm not so sure what just happened. All I heard was my mate was pregnant with my baby because the abortion fell through. Yes, I do mean MY baby because if Beck wasn't able to get an abortion, that could only mean the baby he is carrying is mine. The timeline fits this theory.

Quentin, Talla, Beck and I are inside the county hospital. After Kingsley insinuated that Beck was acting out of character and questioned the efficacy of the tea his late grandmother gave him to stop the pregnancy, it put the bug on my brother and I's heads.

You know what they say about you can't unring a bell. Once we heard his theory, my brother and I were worried for our mate and lobbied him to come here and take a pregnancy test. I'm sure it would come back negative. Beck can't be pregnant again so soon, right?

It turns out that he can't because he never stopped being pregnant since last year. The tea didn't take because he obviously consumed the wrong kind and the doctor his father called to attend to him screwed him over. She literally said the pregnancy would be taken care of by the next day. And we had no reason NOT to believe her, it all added up at that point.

I'm lost for words, honestly. But it gets worse. I don't know how it can get any worse than Beck being pregnant with my twins, but here we go... I hope you are seated for this.

"I'm sorry, did you just say: super fertilization?" - I double checked with the doctor while our mate seemed to be too shocked to speak after the shocking revelation.

"Yes, I did. It's an incredibly rare phenomenon, with only a few reported cases in the whole world." - He confirmed, baffled by this himself.

I glanced at my brother who is not taking this news well because he thinks Beck is carrying my babies. That is what I thought so too. But I'm still confused about the super fertilization subject.

"Doctor, can you please elaborate on that? How can it be possible for my son to get pregnant if he already was to begin with? I've never heard about this before in my life!" - Talla questioned him, confused about this just like the rest of us.

The doctor breathed out a sigh, inhaled and exhaled before he began speaking again.

"I understand the confusion, I'm not an expert on the subject but the test results and the imaging speak for themselves. Kuckunniwi fell pregnant early in December by my estimates. From what I know so far, he mated with a partner three weeks later and this partner managed to impregnate him once again. Now he is carrying what in simple terms we call twins, but who were gestated weeks apart. That is why the fetuses are in different stages of development. See for yourself, the proof is in the picture." - He explained, pointing on the screen the two images he was referring to. It's slightly different sizes because the time frame is so short, but we saw it.

"Oh my Goddess!" - Beck gasped in shock, as did we.

"Wait, so in theory the twins could have different fathers?" - Quentin questioned him, wide-eyed and shocked.

"Yes, if he mated with two different partners in that window of time." - He replied, his eyes fitting from me to my brother.

"Could I have been impregnated a second time even before I drank the tea?" - Beck asked him, curiously.

"Of course, for all we know the tea didn't work at all. If you already were pregnant before you drank the tea that was supposed to stop the pregnancy from beginning, the beverage wouldn't stop a second pregnancy as well as it couldn't terminate the first." - He replied with conviction.

"Think of it like a vaccine. You take a vaccine in order to prevent diseases. But if you already fell ill with said illness, then the vaccine would have no purpose and therefore would cause no effect. That's the same principle with the medicinal tea, it couldn't have worked because it was designed to prevent a pregnancy not to serve as an abortive." - He lectured.