Chapter 70: How You Like Me Now?

Beck

I'm so lost right now.

It's Christmas day and tomorrow my mom and I will travel back to the reservation. It's going to be my first time back since I left last Summer when my father "seemed" to be out to get me.

I don't want to sound dramatic, but I was literally bleeding at one point from wolf bites. Yes, I do mean to say there were multiple bites on my skin from a live fully transformed werewolf.

Oh how the tides have changed. Now I can transform myself into one if I want to.

But the trip is not why I am confused right now. I knew my mom would have to return to see her mate soon and since the both of us are on break - she's a teacher's assistant, so when the school is on break, so is she - it seemed likely that she'd take this opportunity for us to return together.

She already had to return during Thanksgiving week because of my father's sudden illness. But now she's taking me with her. I can't complain about it because my mom has been my rock throughout this whole process, including being so supportive of my double mating.

I genuinely need to be there for her this time around. Plus, it will be nice to see my people again, my family. I am feeling good about this, though I'm still a little worried about my father and how he's going to react when we arrive at the reservation.

After the whole argument last night when my mother revealed that Quentin had asked for her permission to join us on the trip, I don't know whether or not my mates have any chance in going along with me and my mom.

That's what's throwing my head in a loop. And to top it all off, both of them have been radio silence since last night. Not a call, text or mind link from Jude or Quentin.

Now I know yesterday's events were rather traumatic. I know the twins are feuding right now because of it. And I also should have known better than to leave Jude's name out of the proposition but I was just relaying Quentin's question to my mom.

I genuinely didn't act out of malice. By all means, let both of them travel with me. Like Mrs. Atwood, I have no preference between twins. Regardless of their 'marking' status.

I know I refused to let Quentin mark me and I stand by that decision. I'm not entirely sold on him just yet, but I can't deny our sexual chemistry. For a 'straight' boy, he was so good.

After breakfast this morning, my mom and I went to her cousin's house for lunch. It's our family away from the reservation, so we like to keep a close bond. Especially considering it's Christmas.

The Hudsons were welcoming to us, as always. Kingsley was looking happy by his mate's side - Dragomir came in today to spend Christmas day with his mate - and all of the family was happy we stopped by.

Between a belated gift exchange - I got a present from Kingsley's mom, a blouse - and eating their leftovers from yesterday, I almost forgot about my mates' absence. But seeing my cousin and Jalensky together in bliss reminded me of how much I like to be near my mates.

If they're not coming with me to the reservation, the trip won't be the same. But I know the decision lies with their parents now. I'm sure the Alpha couple is debating the pros and cons.

Before I forget, Jalensky gifted his mate the new iPhone. He was all show and tell when I asked him about what he had gotten. In fact, I don't think Kingsley has ever been happier since he's been mated to Dragomir.

You should have seen them together. It's quite literally a match made in heaven. Jalensky is so attentive to his mate and wants to make him happy. It's so beautiful to see that it brings tears to my eyes. Not gonna lie, I'm missing my boys like crazy right now.