Chapter 82: Love Story

Beck

I feel much better.

After the doctor's visit and her extensive examination, a lot of new information has come to light. Stuff we had no idea about and were shocked to hear it, especially the part about me being an Enygma.

A what? I've never heard of that breed of werewolf before in my life, but I guess that's why it's so rare. I have no words to describe the gut wrenching pain I felt after I had my grandmother's tea. But I have no condition of taking care of twins. I can barely afford lunch at school.

Anyway, that's not what is important right now. What I'm really curious about is to find out what is my terrifying ability that my aunt Tayen is refusing to tell us. I wanna know what scared her to the point of trying to mislead us with some random information.

An Enygma can conceive. Really? Call the press because I already imagined I could since I heard Owen's theory about my mating to the Atwood twins. And the only danger of me getting pregnant is that I'd have to care for twins.

Nobody is buying that explanation, sorry auntie.

The bite from my wolf is lethal. Well, that's not exactly breaking news. We're werewolves. This is what we do. I'm sure regular wolves are just as dangerous as mine, even if their bites aren't properly lethal. That wouldn't scare anyone off unless they're human.

Come on, auntie! Spill the tea already! *stares at her apprehensively*

I'm waiting for it. Patiently. Anxiously tapping my foot on the floor. I need an answer and I need it now!

"I don't wanna be immortal. Why would I want to see everybody I care about die and be left alone?" - I muttered next to Jude and Quentin who were by each of my sides inside the crowded kitchen.

My father was practically foaming in curiosity. He thinks of me as an extension of him, so... he's eager to know the news and how he could use it to his advantage. As if... *eye roll*

"Again, you're not a vampire." - Aunt Tayen glared at me, sounding annoyed.

"If you can fly, I'm gonna be so jealous of you. I'll demand you to take me along with you to the sky." - Jude snickered. I laughed out loud. Quentin whispered 'me too' to me.

"He's not Superman, blondie." - She sassed him, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"Tayen!" - Mom exclaimed, raising her voice in a short tempered tone, losing her patience with her sister stalling.

"Once they complete the bond, an Enygma reaches its peak of power. In human form, they have the ability to command any single werewolf, regardless of breed or station. It's impossible to resist and Enygma's order." - She revealed, begrudgingly.

All of us were looking at each other, waiting for her to finish. But that was it.

"Is that it? How is that any different from any Alpha in the world? I thought it was something cool... man, I'm so disappointed!" - I mouthed off, feeling incredibly underwhelmed by this information.

From the way she was speaking, I thought it was something actually dangerous.

"You're not thinking clearly, nephew. Yes, every Alpha can command their pack members but you have no such restriction. Imagine the damage you could do if you were put in a room with an Alpha." - She alerted me, sounding deeply distraught by this.

"What do you mean by that? Alphas can't be commanded by anyone. Not even Alpha Atwood can command his sons or any other–"

"YOU CAN!" - She cut me off, loudly. - "If people heard about a werewolf who can command an Alpha from any pack, then that person's life could be in danger. Do you get it now?" - She explained, looking at me worriedly.