Chapter 49: The Heat Is On

Beck

It gets me every now and then.

Ever since I heard Owen's theory about my mating to both Alphas, I dwell on that for a minute.

Could I really get pregnant with Jude's baby? As much as I hate it, no other explanation makes sense. Why mate ME to the twins?

You're basically restricting Alpha Atwood's heirs to mate with a non-omega [cisgender] male Luna. Again, why?

Owen was right. No Alpha has ever fathered an heir with anyone who's NOT their mate.

There's a reason why werewolves consider the mate bond sacred. It comes directly from our deity, our Goddess. Why would she mate the red blooded Alpha boys to a person who can't get pregnant. One of them, sure. But both? This seems highly unlikely.

Unless she wanted to end their dynasty and I really don't think that's the answer here.

Not from what I have witnessed from Alpha Atwood. He's widely respected and admired by his pack members. His mate is a sweet, caring woman. So, I'm back to square one.

This really gets me when I'm alone, thinking about my fortune.

Two mates, one rejection and another I didn't have time to accept. Jude just plunged his fangs onto my virgin neck, no questions asked. Not that I have any regrets about it, of course.

There isn't a single person on Earth I'd rather be mated to than him. I love my mate with all my heart.

Still, I wonder... if ever we slip up during sex, then it's baby time for me?

Goddess protects me. It's bad enough that one student is getting pregnant, I don't need to add to it. But we're not sure yet if he's pregnant.

Any day now...

It irked me when Quentin asked me out on a date. The idea of being mated to him still repulses me, but I do feel the link between our souls. That will never go away.

But no, I don't want anything to do with you. It's bad enough that we have to share a classroom.

This weekend, I told my mate I wanted to sleep at Kingsley's house. Since I've been mated, I neglected him. But he's still very important to me, not to mention he's my family.

Of course, Jude didn't mind. We spent Friday night together, but other than that I was away with my relatives.

Kingsley has the most adorable little sister and she always makes me play house with her whenever I'm there. Later at night, he told me of his anxiousness about finding a mate.

'Yeah, at least you won't get two.' I joked.

He laughed at my peculiar situation. His parents were equally intrigued about this as well, to say the least. At this point, there isn't a single pack member who hasn't heard about my double mating.

No one understands why a non-omega male would be mated to two Alphas, which is exactly the reason why Owen's theory is getting track.

Even the Alpha couple seems convinced by his argument. Why else would I be chosen when there's a perfectly great omega sleeping in the bed right next to me?

Anyway, it's daunting.

On Monday, my mate picked me up at the pack house and greeted me with a five minute kiss as if he hadn't seen me in over a week. I welcomed the affection even if it's a bit exaggerated.

We walked inside the school with our holding hands and a loving gaze.

When I was a bit younger, I could only dream of having an out relationship and walking into school next to my boyfriend like it's the most natural thing in the world, which it is.