Chapter 48: Run the World (Girls)

[Dedicated to:

mailee99, annaeerba, PinkCookieLove, AmberRawlings, chloedonsy, Taina9098, CindyRamoudhar and Tonia74]

Jude

It's not my fault.

I have no saying whatsoever in Beck's rejection of my brother. In fact, he did so on his own accord. The only thing I ever told him was to not do it on my behalf. Other than that, I'm staying out of it.

I'm too busy enjoying my mate to worry about his second one. Though I can barely believe I'm professing these words... 'second mate'. *heavy sigh*

As a matter of fact, for the most part, I barely think about Quentin at all.

There are the occasional awkward exchanges or inappropriate comments made inside the classroom - really, Jalensky? Does my brother feel when his own brother is having sex with his mate? *grunts in annoyance*

But other than that, he's completely out of my mind. All I want, my focus is solely on my mate. My parents are hounding me to not drop my grades now that I'm mated. School still takes priority.

Yeah, I get that. I agree with them, plus if I let my grades drop they're gonna take away my time with Beck cause I know what kind of parents I have. That's not happening.

Especially now that they allowed me to spend the entire weekend with him at the pack house. Minus Sunday night, of course.

Now I know my brother has been suffering from Beck's rejection. I can see that whenever we're together at home. But I don't comment on it. I don't hate him or want him to suffer, but if he could steer clear of my mate that would be great.

I'm not interested in sharing Beck. Especially not with Quentin. Come on!

Just to imagine Quentin's scent on him already grosses me out, not gonna lie.

Beck and I went to a Halloween party with a couple's costumes. It was so freaking adorable. We debated over what characters to use, but he ultimately won. I mean, who can argue against Oscar Wilde and Lord Douglas? No one knew who we were and that's the way he liked it.

Honestly, I'm having such a blast. There are no complaints on my part.

We already loved each other before we got mated, so now it's just bliss. I can only hope it lasts forever.

It's November.

Beck and I are walking inside the school where everyone was buzzing about some new subject and we're no longer the talk of the town. I think both of us prefer it that way. I know I do.

"Good morning. How is my favorite couple doing?" - Layla greeted us in a good mood.

"Fantastic. What about you? Are you and Blaine doing good?" - I replied, curiously.

"We are. Though I think he's ready for the next step, I'm reticent about it." - She replied, doubtfully. I took the hint right away. And so did my mate, next to me in the school yard.

"My advice for you is to take your time. It'll only be good for you when you want to do it. I never rushed my boyfriend, but when he was ready for it, it was unforgettable!" - I told her, cautiously.

Though they have been dating for quite a while now, it's never good to rush anything. Especially sex when it's your first time. Hers, I mean.

"It was unforgettable alright. But I don't think sex is gonna unlock our mating like yours did." - She snickered, poking fun at us.