Chapter 47: Spirit | Domino

Beck

I'm not happy about this.

I'm not feeling good about the rejection, it was the only play I had.

If I were given a choice, I'd much rather have one mate and be happy with Jude.

I have no idea why the Goddess gave me Quentin too. He's not even gay, for Pete's sake! Why would he be mated to me? I'm dying to hear Owen's theory because frankly I'm at a loss.

I was so happy with Jude by my side as a mate. Why couldn't I stay merry with him?

We had such a great time this last weekend, even after completing the bond.

Then we completed it again. And again. And... Well, you get the point.

Let me tell you, my mother was very close to having me institutionalized when I told her I got mated for the second time. She said no one gets a second mate in their lifetime. Why would I get one? Especially another Alpha.

I told her I was just as confused by this as she was, but in the end she respected my decision to reject him. That was my call to make, as she pointed out. I love my mom and she's right, this is confusing as hell.

Why would she mate me, an outsider, to both of the Alpha boys?

"I'll tell you after the first period." - Owen replied to Quentin after he asked him about his theory.

"I'm dying to hear this." - I spoke up, glancing at him.

"You're not gonna like it, Luna." - Owen said with a devious grin.

"I already hate having two mates. Call me Beck, please. It's disrespectful to the real Luna." - I told him, reprehensibly.

Around fifty minutes later...

"Well, for starters, no Alpha has ever had twin sons for his first born. Not in probably a century or so, though I don't have the specific data around this. In ancient times, the two brothers would fight to the death. But neither of you would do this and your parents wouldn't allow it." - Owen started in a serious tone.

The entire room was silent hearing this. Not a pin drop at this moment as we're all curious about his thoughts on this crazy situation.

"Still, the problem remains. Two Alphas. What could she do in this situation?" - He continued, gesticulating to better express his point across.

"Usually, an Alpha gets mated to someone, their Luna, and whoever they sire first becomes the next Alpha. But with two men, either of your mates could sire the next Alpha. As you all know, being Alpha is in your blood. It's not just a position. That's why your wolves are bigger and you can use the Alpha command. It comes from generations of evolution of our wolf kind." - He lectured.

"In reality, she needed to solve an unsolvable problem. Control the siring of the next Atwood Alpha." - He spoke, looking at me.

"But I can't have children, let alone sire any Alpha!" - I rebuked, gobsmacked that he didn't take that into account of his reasoning. It's a nice theory, but has one major flaw in it.

"Right. About that... did you know that in the beginning omegas weren't called omegas?" - He raised his eyebrow in question at me. Kingsley gasped at this information.

"No, I didn't know that. But what does that have to do with–"

"Centuries ago, before colonization, indigenous tribes had certain individuals that were called 'two spirits', as you well know. These individuals, born between two genders, were also living among the werewolf population." - He cut me off, incisively.