Chapter 12: Waiting For Tonight

Jude

That was scary.

Usually, I'm all about living and let live in high school. I try to steer clear of any drama going on with my brother unless it personally concerns a friend of mine.

I was a bit weirded out by one of his friends asking Layla out on a date, but if he says he doesn't have anything to do with this, all I can hope is for that to be true.

I teased Lay about the fact that she said she'd never date any of her wrestling team members, but if she had to pick one of them at least Blaine never gave her a hard time or called her a freak.

I hope he genuinely likes her and they get to spend time together and have a good date. I understand it can feel lonely sometimes waiting for our mates to "arrive". Trust me, I can relate to that.

Unlike my brother who has a steady girlfriend to canoodle with. Straight people have the easiest time. I'm almost never jealous of him, but I wouldn't mind a boyfriend.

Goddess knows I'm still longing for a mate that'll probably take some time to discover me or vice versa.

Anyway, that got overshadowed by the fight that broke out between Quentin and the new boy. Damn! I've never seen my brother take a beating quite like that. Though he only defended himself, that boy was definitely trained by skilled enforcers.

I guess since he is the son of a tribe chief, it sounds about right that he'd be prepared as an Alpha's son would. My brother was fuming after that fight. He never lost to anyone, except maybe me. Though that's debatable.

But seriously though, he left the classroom practically holding back from shifting into wolf he was so furious. Not unlike our father, there's nothing he hates more than feeling embarrassed before an audience.

It's different when he was fighting me because no one expects any of us to be better than the other - though he claims to be. We're both Alphas, so we're evenly matched. But this wasn't the case. At all.

Students were staring at him shocked that he was literally thrown to a wall. I heard the bones in his body crack as he fell down. It wasn't pretty. Not even his wrestling partners challenge him in that way.

Of course, there's a petty part of me that thinks my brother finally met his match and he earned it. But I'm worried about the boy. Quentin is not gonna let it slide. I'm genuinely scared for the refugee's life.

I'm sure he didn't come all this way here to pick a fight with my brother and he was just defending himself. He didn't mean to call him out like that, as he quickly pointed out.

After we returned from the lunch break, even Layla was worried about the boy who was so nice to her just the other day. She knows my brother well and his rage is difficult to face off, even for her.

Inside the classroom, my brother glared daggers at the frightened boy who literally reeked of fear. I'm genuinely concerned for his well being, for sure.

I don't know or have talked to him so far, but any queer person in trouble is one too many. At some level, I can relate to him even if not in this particular situation. Though I can honestly say that my brother gets on my nerves too.

"Dad is not gonna let it slide you killing a boy who is in sanctuary here. This goes to the very reputation of our pack." - I mind linked Quentin at the end of class.

"I'm not gonna kill him, idiot. Maybe just mame him." - He replied via mind link.

"That's not exactly better. Anyway, I just thought it fair to warn you. If he asks, I'll tell him whatever happened to that boy was caused by you." - I threatened him.