Chapter 22: Can't take my eyes off you

Beck

I'm weak in the knees.

No, it isn't because of the punch or the kick in the gut. Fortunately, I'm healed from that tormentuous assault. No, this is something else entirely.

After Jude literally commanded Jalensky to apologize to me in front of the entire class, I was both flustered and turned on by him. I knew about the Alpha command, but I had never witnessed anyone using it before today.

I'm beyond impressed. I thought only actual Alphas got to use it. It could be a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands, but hot damn... that was perfect. Seeing him being so assertive without being overbearing, I'm impressed. He had every right to defend himself against that prick, but the fact that he did it for me only makes me want him more.

Outside of my mother, no one has ever stood up for me before.

"My Goddess, who are you? I didn't know you could do that..." - Layla is baffled as Jude returns to his seat next to hers.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jude Atwood. I'm the oldest son of the Alpha." - He declared, rather smugly.

"Oldest son? Really? By how long? Like one hour, tops?" - She teased him, raising a suspicious eyebrow.

"Irrelevant. I'm not gonna let anyone treat me badly because of my sexual orientation. I'm done with that." - He stated, confidently.

"I like this new Jude..." - She commented in a humorous tone. - "Is it weird that I'm kind of attracted to you right now?" - She inquired, jokingly.

Blaine got wide-eyed at her words, which probably shocked everyone present.

"Yes, it is weird. You already have two boys fighting for you and I'm still gay." - He replied, trying to hold back his laughter.

Layla glared at him for the comment. She doesn't want to acknowledge Owen's interest in her, though now the cat's out of the bag.

"I was joking, idiot!" - She fulminated him with her disapproving frown.

"I love you." - He blew her a kiss charmingly.

"Thanks for standing up for me, Jude. You didn't have to, I'm used to hearing things like that." - I told him after a silent moment.

"You should never get accustomed to hearing insults, Beck. You shouldn't be discriminated against for who you love. You have every right to be happy and be respected, regardless of your sexual orientation. No one has the right to make you feel ashamed or embarrassed. You are deserving of the same treatment straight people get. Neither you nor I are in any way inferior to anybody else." - He declared with a firm conviction.

I swooned the hardest yet. I looked at his handsome face and had to contain myself from jumping on his lap and give him a kiss. Honestly, I was already smitten by him and now I'm completely enthralled.

The students give him a round of applause, causing the boy to smile proudly. Jalensky, on the other hand, has never felt so diminished. I think most people had yet to see someone bring him down a peg, but now that he was brought down he looked devastated, especially without his partner in crime to back him up.

In all honesty, I loved the way Jude acted. I know he defended not only me but him too. But I'm in awe of him. I look forward to our date now more than ever.

Naturally, the students buzzed about what happened this morning and the way Jude put Jalensky down in front of everybody, displaying his Alpha attributes. I'm guessing nobody expected this kind of attitude from him, so his name is on everyone's lips.