Chapter 17: Hold It Against Me

Jude

"I do relate to you in many aspects, but I don't pity you. I actually find you to be a formidable boy. I'm in awe of you." - I told Beck, who blushed intensely.

He stared at me, gazing upon my eyes as he got really flustered by my compliment. His eyes wandered as we're sitting down on my bed on opposite sides.

He sees my shirt loosely covering my upper body, sweat trickling down my forehead and the denim shorts I'm wearing exposing my bare legs.

I get the feeling that he didn't want to thirst after me so blatantly, but he couldn't help himself. It is as if he was starstruck by me, when in reality it's quite the opposite.

He licked his lips and they were so darn kissable right about now, not that I have the courage to take advantage of this tender moment.

My heart palpitated inside my chest as he paid attention to every inch of my exposed skin. My arms, legs, neck and ears. I felt so warm all of the sudden, feeling exposed to him as if I was naked.

It's funny because I'm much more covered up than I usually am inside my house, though I'm not that much of a walking around shirtless kind of boy. Not that I'm ashamed of my body in any way.

But somehow he looks at me as if I was naked and I get really flustered. While his eyes wandered around my body, I was laser focused on his highly kissable lips.

After a moment, he realized what he was doing and looked deep into my eyes once again. This is the hottest I've ever felt for someone, especially in such a short amount of time and without almost no skin contact except for a hug.

I popped open a can of coke and handed his to do the same. I'm feeling very thirsty now. I dropped some cola on my shirt accidentally and Beck stared at me as I tried to clean it up unsuccessfully.

I finished the coke and a few droplets dripped down my mouth. Beck watched attentively the liquid dripping down as if he wanted to lick it off of me. The room was filled with pheromones as if either one of us were in heat.

"I have access to the country club, so if you want to take a swim in a pool, I could take you there." - I tried to distract ourselves from the sexual tension filling up the room.

He was surprised by my suggestion, widening his eyes at me.

"Wow. That does sound nice. But what if we went to the waterfalls instead? I'm yet to visit the famed place and the forecast this weekend is optimal for it." - He proposed with a disarming smile.

I thought about it for a second. The last time I went there it didn't turn out so well for me. But if Quentin doesn't come, I shouldn't be in any danger.

"It's a date." - I agreed. As I said that, he got shocked and blushed at the implication behind my words.

"I didn't mean it like that. I'm happy to go as friends." - I amended, flustered.

Beck seemed to be disappointed by that, which is a total contrast to what he felt just a second ago. This whole dynamic is throwing me off. I don't know how to act around him.

"Of course, friends." - He spoke, trying to mask his disappointment.

I looked at him in silence for a while, trying to read him but all I got was flustered by his intense gaze and wandering eyes.

"Can I offer you something else? Are you hungry? Do you want some ice cream?" - I stuttered, nervously trying to distract myself from wanting to jump on him.

"Not really, thanks. I'm going to return to the pack house for dinner soon." - He declined politely. It was then when I realized how late in the afternoon it was. In fact, it was already nightfall.