chapter 8

The next month became chaos as Dae called and in the middle of a long chat shared that she and Jin were leaving the next week to come home.

The following several minutes were spent planning what needed to be done at Dae's headquarters to transfer ongoing work there.  They both agreed in the end that it really didn’t matter, Hobi would have everything perfectly organized and ready to transition as soon as Dae walked through the door.

“Tae, I can’t wait to see you!” SongDae told him.”  I need to know every detail about this new venture, but I want to see your face when you tell me!”

He laughed and they spent the next several minutes catching up.  Then he heard the sound of a door opening and noticed the catch in his best friend’s breathing.  This call was as good as over.

As predicted, he soon heard the unmistakable sounds of lips touching skin, and Dae did not even try to hide her soft sighs.

Before he could end the call, he heard a low growl and Jin's voice, close enough that he had to be whispering in her ear.

‘End the call,” he demanded. 

From the sounds on the other end, Dae was already too thoroughly distracted to follow simple commands.

Jin evidently thought so as well because he took matters in his own hands, figuratively since his hands were at that moment teasing his girlfriend into a wrecked mess. He would never grow tired of this.

“Goodbye Taehyung!” he managed, his voice as dark and deep as Tae's by then.

Tae gladly swiped the phone off, but not before he heard the clatter of Dae's phone dropping to the floor.

Damn they made him lonely, and tired of being alone. 

He checked the time and decided he could take a break at the café.  He had his coat and was out the door in minutes.

It had become his habit to drop by every day, always at different times. At first Nev was defensive, assuming he was being checked up on by the new boss.

Then, Tae always sat at the bar trying to watch the courtyard without being caught and Nev quickly understood.

“She is not here.  I told you she does not come every day.  I thought I made it clear….” He trailed off as Tae raised his hands in a gesture of peace.

“I understand,” he said. “Teach me what I need to know about this place.  I want for us to do well.”

Nev gave the handsome man a long hard look, then judging him sincere, he made a decision.

With a nod, he began to explain the daily operations of the café.  Tae impressed him with the questions he asked, and slowly over the following days earned his respect.

Jin and Dae arrived back in the country in the early morning hours of an ordinary day before anyone knew they were arriving

Jin and Dae arrived back in the country in the early morning hours of an ordinary day before anyone knew they were arriving.  There were entwined in the middle of Jin's huge bed, sated and sleeping off their jet lag by the time the news broke.

As always, Jimin had immaculate timing and the stories were perfectly worded and featured on every respected news outlet and social media platform.  There was even a picture of them strolling through the airport, holding hands, looking young and rich and beautiful, and very much in love.

Jimin sat over his breakfast reviewing the articles, checking details in his head.  Enough time had passed that the twinge he felt at seeing Jin leading Dae through the airport, her hand clasped tightly in his own was tempered at the real happiness he felt for Dae. He had to admit she looked radiant and damn it, so did Jin. 

Now that they were back, maybe it was time for him to take a nice long trip to some exotic locale and taste what the world had to offer.  He had assistants who were capable and he could prepare everything remotely.  He walked away from the table and his unfinished breakfast, refusing to address the nagging thought that he was being a coward. 

He was already composing the release for Dae's success in Paris and her plans for this season as he strolled out to his car.  It was best to keep his mind busy and his body on the move.  He intended to do both.

Tae was leaning on Hobi's desk, one hip resting on the corner and one Gucci clad foot swinging in time to the music Hoseok was playing over the office system.

He raised his dark head when the door opened and watched Dae squeal as she saw him.  He barely had time to stand before she threw herself in his arms and squeezed tightly.  Seconds later they were joined by Hobi and became a squirming, laughing, crying, bundle of happiness  

They all talked at once, laughing at each other, reluctant to let go.  Finally, Hobi moved them onto the couches and they settled into a long afternoon of catching up, interrupted by actual work discussions. 

At the end of the day they were satisfied about the work, still hungry for the company of all their friends.

Hobi yawned and decided it was his time to go, promising he would work on a big welcome home party for all of them.