chapter 71

Tae lay in the floor, his body still tingling from Sky's sweet mouth

Tae lay in the floor, his body still tingling from Sky's sweet mouth.  He could not remember a time when he had felt this satisfied, this loved.  He listened as she left the bathroom and entered the kitchen, humming as she rummaged for food.

That was a brilliant idea.  They needed food and to hydrate because he fully intended to love her again and again.  The whole night belonged to them and the thought made his body stir and his heart pound.

Considering that line of thought, perhaps it was time to find a comfortable spot on the bed.  He sat up with a groan, his body having cooled on the floor, his muscles aching.

As he sat his hand brushed a book.  Only then did he notice the stack of books he had knocked down while Sky was driving him insane. 

He gathered them as he stood, and in the dim, light looked at the cover of the one on top.

He frowned and turned on the other bedside light to get a better view.  He turned the book over in his hands, puzzling why it had been in Sky’s things. 

It was the book Dae had found for him in Paris.  He turned to the page where he knew his favorite poem would be.  And there he found it.  But then he frowned again. 

The typeface on this book was a bit different and there were notations in the margins.  The handwriting was bold and flowing and he could not exactly make out the language. 

He turned to check the table beside the bed.  There, where he had left it, was his book, the one he found in the neighborhood bookstore.  It was the one he was reading when he met Sky the first time. 

It was the one he left here to read when he was lonely or overwhelmed.  It was the one tearstained from the night he found out Sky was married.  It sat exactly where he last placed it.

So, what was this in his hands? 

He looked through the books he had stacked in a pile on the shelf.  There were several authors and genres there, but near the bottom he found another book of the poems, and then another bound in rich leather and one in French.

He was standing staring at the books, trying to piece together another unexplainable connection between them, feeling again the bonds tightening.

Sky had looked around the kitchen as she entered it.  She could hear Tae's groans in the bedroom as he sat up.  The floor had to be uncomfortable for him. 

As that thought, the vision of him standing above her, flushed and weak from passion replayed in her head.  She quickly decided that time consuming pasta was not the best choice for this night.

 Eager to rejoin him, she gathered a tray with an odd assortment from the fridge and counter; drinks, glasses, a bottle of soju, fruits and cheeses and the cookies left from this afternoon.  It was a wildly random feast and was perfectly suited for them tonight.