chapter 84

Finally, reluctantly, he stepped out of the shower and gathered towels and her robe

Finally, reluctantly, he stepped out of the shower and gathered towels and her robe.  He even helped her dry her hair.

She put on her make up and watched him shave.  This intimacy calmed both of them until they were ready and eager for the night to begin. She gathered his clothes as they walked to the bedroom, explaining to him her dilemma in choosing what to wear.

She watched him as he pulled on his boxer briefs, appreciating the beauty of his body would never grow old.

He busied himself as she picked out lingerie.  He knew he could not be trusted to not get distracted and drag her straight back to bed.

He pulled on his shirt and left it unbuttoned as he stepped into pair of black slacks yet to be zipped and sat to pull on socks. 

Dressed, undressed   half-dressed that man made her heart flip every time she looked at him.

She turned to him frowning, holding out 2 choices.  One was a long black jacket with a wide strip of ecru colored lace around the waist and a ribbon belt that tied in the front.  There was ecru trim down the front, but no fastening he could see.  He raised his eyebrows at the tantalizing glimpse of skin from her collarbone to her waist.  She indicated a pair of black leggings and knee-high black leather boots he had selected for her.  This was definitely a distracting option.

“It is so sexy,” he rumbled,” I mean, distracting sexy.”

She held out the other option.  It was a holiday red dress with a fitted waist and flared skirt.  The shoulders were bare and the capped sleeves were really bows hanging just off her shoulders.  He smiled, thinking how bright she would look against the greenery in the gallery.

She slipped her robe off to try on the dress and his heart stuttered.
He stood and crossed to her, calling her name.

“Oh Sky! Baby I am so sorry, “he said, his fingers gently tracing a circle on her back.  His soft touch brought goosebumps, but she was twisting to see what was causing him to apologize.

“I did not know….I was so lost in the feel of you…“He kept whispering.

Finally, she twisted enough to see the reason for his concern.  There on her shoulder was a love mark, blooming dark against her fair skin.  It would obviously show above the neckline of the dress.
She turned and kissed him and laughed.

“Oh Tae! It is so worth it!! Would your friends be shocked?” she asked.

He thought a minute.

“Not shocked, not this group.  But I am selfish.  I want that for my eyes only,” he confessed. 

The dark possessiveness in his eyes made her blush.  No matter what she wore tonight, neither of them would forget she bore his mark.

“ Then….”  she stood there, in front of her closet looking lost until Tae stepped up.