chapter 68

As he found Sky's face, he saw it was flaming from embarrassment

He slowly put her on her feet and whispered “I am so sorry" and moved to put her behind his back to shield her.  But she shocked him by laughing and tugging him down into the seat opposite Dae.  His face was so adorably confused she could not help but kiss him one more time.

Tae sat and looked from one woman to the other.  Then he noted the plate of cookies and glasses on the table- one for each of them.

“What?? How???” he began, his brain still summoning the blood flow back it's direction.

“So, Tae.  I assume this is your “meeting", your “unfinished business"?” Dae frowned at him.
“Really Tae?” she asked.

“Don’t “Really Tae" me!! Seems two days last week you were called “out of the office" when I know for a fact.. “

“OK! Truce!!” she cried.  There were some things better left private.

“What are you doing here? When did you two meet?” he asked.

Dae began to explain as Tae pulled Sky around to sit on his lap.  She watched in fascination as he and Dae talked and bickered and bargained.  It was beautiful to see the love and respect flow through them.

Finally, he was satisfied, whispering “are you ok?” as Dae stood to clear the table.  Sky nodded and he stole another quick kiss. 

He wanted to ask her dozens of questions about what she thought of Dae.  They would wait.  He felt a deep calm from her and that was enough for now.

“Now! Let’s get back to work!” Dae said, gesturing toward the door.

“But Dae!!” he whined. 

Sky hid a smile. He was actually whining.

Tae wiggled his eyebrows in Sky's direction and gave off his best “you go on I’ll catch up with you “ vibe.

Dae was immune to him. “Let’s go Tae.  We have a full afternoon of review for year end,” she said firmly. 

Then thinking about her text from Jin, she continued. “Let’s get this done.  We will leave at 5:30.” 

Then with a quick calculation corrected herself. “No, 5:15! We need to hurry and get this done “

“Oh! OH!” he said, “that means YOU have a “meeting" tonight!”

“Yep! And I will NOT be late.  And if you come on and quit pouting you can be right back here and pick up your…um…discussion by then too,” she scolded.

He looked at Sky, breathed in the perfume of her skin, the warmth of her on his lap.  It was worth one last try.

“OK, I understand.  You go on.  I will just take my lunch and I'll be right behind you,” he said smoothly.