chapter 30

Sky buried her face in his chest, taking big, deep breaths of him

Sky buried her face in his chest, taking big, deep breaths of him.  His scent awakened her senses.  She pressed her face to the skin bared by the neckline of his shirt. 
Something powerful in her shifted. 

Time and again in her past she had known a situation or a person was harmful for her.  She had learned to never second guess that intuition after the night she spent in terror in the maze. 

But never before this minute had she felt such light, such harmony from another person.  She connected to this man in a way that could not be explained.  She felt her being resonate with him, felt her soul hum in harmony with his.

She drew away from him with a gasp.  It was too much.  She felt too raw, too exposed.  But then she looked at him, eyes wide with the same wonder, heart beating erratically under the hand she had placed on his chest.

Without words, they shared the strange awareness between them. 

Then, the world rushed back sharply in focus.  Tae covered her hand with his and pressed it tightly against his chest.  He leaned into her, checking her face, seeking permission. 

She sighed, silencing the voice that was screaming for her to protect him.  She had to have this.  Even if this moment was all she would ever have, she wanted this.  She wanted him.

She nodded her consent, her lower lip worried between her teeth as she saw the intensity blazing in him.  He thrilled and scared her at the same time.  She leaned her body into him and offered herself freely.

Tae had been stunned by the need he felt stabbing deep within him.  He was too addled to puzzle it out right now.  It was not solely lust, because his emotions were a riot.  His feelings were not solely emotional because he felt desire for her burning through him. 

He did not know what was happening, but he did know he had to kiss her.  In that moment he had to touch her and hold her and make her his.

Seeing her nod of consent, he stopped, and forced himself to slow down.  He kissed her forehead and whispered sweet words to her.

Then he slowly bent his head and took her mouth in his.

It was sweeter than he even remembered as she threaded her hands in his hair and sighed into his mouth.  He spent long minutes exploring her lips, teasing out how she tasted and what made her respond.

Soft, slow kisses mixed with harder, deeper ones.  He coaxed her lips open and she surprised him by chasing contact with him, exploring his mouth, teasing with the touch of her tongue.

His hands found the exposed skin of her waist and he felt her shiver at his touch.  Her soft moan had him shifting as he began to harden for her. 

She felt him respond to her as she pressed closer to him.  She had never felt so confident or free with a man. 

She smiled into his kiss and moved to sit in his lap.
Tae loved the feel of her.  It had been too long since he kissed a woman with the purpose to taste her, the learn her scent and find the subtle things that made her respond.