chapter 72

He drew a shuddering breath and began to tell her exactly that, filling in intimate details, pausing to touch or kiss or wipe a tear

Sky struggled to respond to him.  He was answering so many questions she had wrestled with for years. 

There were times she questioned why things happened or the timing of things, but now she knew it was meaningless.
Their lives were firmly intertwined, had been for these moments and perhaps for centuries. 

It did not matter.  She had finally found her soul's resting place.  Right here, in his arms, in this time, is where she belonged.

He stood and turned off the light next to him.  He slowly unfastened her bra, tenderly holding the weight of her breasts in his hands as the lace fell away. 

He kissed her, a slow, gentle kiss, as he tugged at the silk at her waist.  She pulled the panties off as he threw back the cover and made room for her in the bed.  He turned off the other light, leaving them in the darkness save the soft glow of the fire.

He gathered her naked body to his and shuddered at the jolt of connection that raced through him.

Holding her so that their bodies were intertwined, he felt her breaths against him and matched his own to them.  In the stillness of the room she swore she could feel the beat of his heart, a twin to her own.

They kissed and touched, hands and fingertips lingering where sighs led. 

Time held no sway for them.  There was no heated rush driving them.  The fire beginning to burn between them was like molten lava, slow to move but consuming each bit of skin with a touch.

They kissed, melding lips and tongues and breath.  Then stopped to marvel at the sensual haze they drifted in.

He rocked against her slowly, allowing her to feel how hard he was growing.  She felt her arousal flood as he breathed in her ear, sighing her name.

He carefully braced himself above her as she arched to meet him, her legs wrapping around him and pulling him close.

He kissed her then and slowly eased into her, the sensation at once too much and not enough.

Sky held her breath until he was buried deep within her.  She held him tight, syncing her breathing with his, caressing him. 

Tae held himself still over her, tightly buried in her warmth. He wanted to stay that way, bodies fitting perfectly into one.  He tamped down the urge to move in her, holding still as long as he could. 

He kissed her, feelings and energy flowed from her to him that was ancient.  They stayed still and connected for long moments, each breath shared, feeling the slightest movement in the other's body, the emotional connection surged between them as the sensual shimmered, causing their bodies to almost hum in awareness of each other.

When he lifted his eyes, he saw the fire in her, watched her mouth begin to work in silent cries and watched in amazement as she arched against the bed, pulling him even deeper into her, pushing her breasts against his chest and breaking around him with a cry.

He clenched his teeth as her hard pulses stroked him, dragging him to the brink.  With a strangled cry he gave one hard push into her, giving her every bit of himself. 

Dropping his forehead to hers, he reached his release, throbbing hard into her, triggering another series of shudders for both of them.

When their bodies cooled down, he rolled to his side, bringing her with him.  The tendrils of emotions tightened around them, binding them together, entangling their hearts.

The quiet was peace, the sighs and touches were enough.  They easily expressed what was between them. 

For a while they dozed, exhausted from the intense passion and emotions.

Sometime later Tae moved and Sky stretched beside him.

“Too cramped?” she asked, moving to give him room.

“Never!” he growled, dragging her back to his side.

“When did you first know you wanted to write?” he asked.  That started a conversation that lasted for hours and covered years.

After they grew quiet and contented, Tae cleared his throat.  He could not believe he was this nervous, but he had to tell her this.

One more deep breath and he plunged in.

“Sky?  Should I tell you my favorite passage in the book?” he asked.

She blushed in the dark.  He could not see her, but he felt the flash of heat on her skin next to his.

“Oh Tae….” She said, her shy nature kicking in full force, “Yes.  Please.  I want to know what you think.”

He rolled onto his back and pulled her across his chest.  He kissed her and taking a breath to steady his nerves, he began to recite.

My soul in shambles,
Bound by whispered “different"
When you say with gentle hands
“Your hidden calls to me"
My heart, with JOY, will know
The truth louder than every lie

They sat in silence, the sound of his heartbeat pounding in his ears.  He let out the breath he was holding and bit his lip.  “What if she thinks I am stupid?” he worried.

Before he could work up to more insecurity, he felt the first scalding tear hit his chest followed quickly by a second.

He hugged her tighter to him and whispered, “Please don’t cry.  Please.  I …it's" he stumbled for the words.

She stopped him with a kiss that was tender and reverent.  It chased all the doubts away and affirmed his emotions.

She drew away from him, her voice shaky, the tears still freely falling.

“I knew it would be that one,” she whispered, “I knew it would be you.”

She settled against his chest, his hand playing in her hair, and released a sigh that seemed to expel years of hurt and worry and anxiety. 

Something had changed tonight. 

She had changed and her feelings toward this man had changed into something she could no longer deny.

Tae felt relaxation creep over him as Sky settled on his chest.  He was content to hold her and drift into dreams with her.

Finally, after saying almost everything they had to say, they drifted to sleep.