chapter 89

(What the heck

(What the heck...as long as he is happy, right?)

Then they were alone in the silence of the gallery save the staff who were quietly making sure that all the candles were extinguished.

He turned and she was standing on the first step of the stairway putting her at the perfect height to bury his face in the softness of her velvet covered breasts. 

After a few deep breaths of her, he wanted more.

“Care to tell me what that is about?” he asked, as she played in the dark curls of his hair.
She took one, then two more stairs away from him.

“Absolutely….in bed…..naked …..  I will tell you anything,” she said as she steadily climbed the steps.

 He let her get several steps ahead of him just so he could watch the rounded curve of her bottom covered in that green velvet. She did not have to ask him twice.

He already had his jacket off and his cuffs undone by the time he made it inside the door and locked the world outside.

He pulled his shirt over his head and pulled down the long zipper in her dress in two fluid motions.

He pealed the dress away and watched it drop to the floor as the delicate lingerie he had tried to ignore earlier was revealed.  

He decided that had been a good idea as he traced the outline of the delicate embroidery, watching her harden and shift to feel his fingers drag over the aching tips of her breasts.

She busied her hands with his belt and zipper, shoving his pants off his hips and slipping her hand in his briefs to stroke his growing length.

They slowly kissed and stripped each other until there was nothing between them, no silk or lace barrier to tongues or fingertips.  The heat roared between them as they found the places of pleasure in each other. 

Quickly they were chasing release, rising to meet each other, moving at a tempo that drove them both to shuddering release.

He rolled and held her tightly, as their bodies cooled.  He loved how she made him feel.

He loved her, always had.

“I love you,” he confessed, unwilling to leave it unsaid.

“I am so glad you do,” she responded. “I love you too.”

As the night deepened, they lay wrapped around each other and she poured her dreams onto him, telling him of plans, asking his advice. 

Once again, he was so proud of her.  He listened and helped her plan and held her until she drifted off to sleep, still brainstorming ideas.  He smiled and followed her, thinking of his plans as well.

They took full advantage of the lazy Sunday that followed.  They slept late and refused to leave the bed until late afternoon.

He lay sprawled naked and golden in the afternoon  sun, his head on her belly as she played with his hair.  She read him new poetry and he dozed like a cat as she chased inspiration and wrote the afternoon away. 

She left him sleeping as she showered, hoping at any minute he would join her.  He was tousled and adorably confused when she came back into the room.  He was disappointed to have missed her shower and promised to hurry through his own. 

Almost impossibly, once they were both back in the bed and the chill from the shower turned to cozy warmth, they fell asleep again.

They awakened as the sun dipped below the horizon and noises downstairs grew louder.

Tae was forced to pull on his pants to answer the loud knock at the door.  Sky pulled on his dress shirt and crept to peek down the hallway.

It was Nev with a huge platter of food.  Her stomach gave an embarrassing growl as the smell drifted down the hall.

Everything had been left in the gallery last night for Nev, his staff and friends to have their own holiday party.  From the sounds of things, it was getting off to a festive start.

Tae thanked him and took the tray to the kitchen with Sky close behind him. 

They snacked on the food and remembered holidays past.  They made a list of things to try for the coming holiday.  Tae asked to bring the kissing baugh up to the bedroom and she laughed with him.

They danced in the hallway as the music from the party drifted up the stairs.
The chatter from the downstairs guests was lively and it sounded like they were in the middle of a happy crowd. 

They made love in the kitchen, the sounds and voices, the booming bass from the music driving them to new discoveries.

And when they were finished, spent and satisfied, he picked her up, her arms and legs still locked tightly around him, and took her to bed. 

Again, they held each other.  They listened as the party down stairs grew quieter, then fell silent.  They welcomed the growing peace in their space again.

She practiced what she wanted to say to Dae one more time and he listened like it was the first time.

Finally, they were still and silent and they rested in each other until sleep claimed them once again.