chapter 82

When Saturday morning finally came, for the first time ever she was glad when Tae's dark head disappeared down the steps to work

She had so much to do and she so wanted to make things nice for him.  Plus, she was anxious to put the party planner duties away and just enjoy a night with her new friends and her gorgeous lover.

She moved the boxes she could as she waited for the workers, putting candles in lanterns and finalizing in her head the overall vision for the room.

When the men arrived, she confidently told them where she wanted things. 

Slowly the room transformed into a cozy forest of natural wood and greenery, given that holiday spirit with tiny lights in the tress and some lights strung from the ceiling. 

In corners and over the fireplace the vases of branches soared into arches creating focal points for photos or alcoves for privacy.  The lanterns were artfully scattered around to create a path from one area to another.

Sky slipped into one of the birch arches, then moved one of Lyra's padded benches there.  She allowed herself a moment to think of beckoning Tae inside this hideaway and sinking into his lap as he kissed her senseless under the fairy lights.  Yes, this would do.

The workers moved slowly, setting things up just as she asked, adjusting the table and arranging the chairs.

As they worked on the lighting, she sank onto one of Lyra’s cushions with her basket of natural treasures and began to work. 

She carefully selected a small bit of grapevine and twisted it into a ball and added the greenery and things, wiring in pinecones and acorns, ending with sprigs of berries.

She searched until she found a length of ribbon and attached it to the top.  Satisfied, she stood with the finished product and wandered the loft in search of the perfect place to hang it.

Finally, she settled on the center of the room.  She called a worker and he pulled the ladder over and put it exactly where she pointed. 

She smiled.  It had been years since she had seen a kissing baugh.  She was excited to introduce the tradition to her new friends.  From what she already knew of them it was sure to be a big hit.

She worked on as the day grew late, stopping to eat with the crew when Nev brought up lunch for all of them.  She told them how thankful she was for their work and then joined them as they got back to their tasks.

The workers finally finished and she sat at the bar surveying what was still left to be done. 

Almost like a shift change, the catering crew came in and the floral deliveries arrived. 

Sky supervised the placement of the greenery and fresh flowers.  She took the freshly pressed table runner from the catering staff and filled the center of the table herself with greenery and candles   She and the young women talked as they worked and Sky knew she could trust her with the rest of the work.