forever, in every life.

The sun rises over the Burrow as Sam opens her eyes slowly. The light flows through the yellow sheer curtains and onto the hardwood floors, making everything in the room appear warmer with a golden hue. This is the first time Sam has stayed at the Burrow without Harry since the summer before Bill and Fleur's wedding.

She sits up slowly and lets her eyes glide over to the door where her dress hangs against the frame, "Today's the day," she whispers to herself.

The porcelain white dress has lace sleeves that fall off the shoulder and a mesh back. Its fitted at the waist and falls delicately from the hips to the floor. It's simple, but after the eventful life she and Harry have already experienced, simple seems to be the way to go.

As her mind pieces that thought together, warmth and excitement spread over her like wildfire. Before she can get out of the twin bed, Hermione and Molly burst through the door in glee.

"Are you ready for your big day dear?" Molly asks in an abundance of joy, but before Sam can respond she continues quickly, "I always knew you and Harry would get married, from the day you met!"

Sam chokes on air, "Molly, we were eleven."

Hermione bites her lip as she tries to contain her laughter and Molly scoffs lightly, "You can't hide true love, sweet girl."

Molly's eyes glance at the dress before she gently lifts it off the door. Her eyes run up and down the beautiful gown and her lips pull into an absentminded smile.

"I wish Sirius could be here today," she sighs.

Hermione makes eye contact with Sam as a small smile grazes her face, "They both are."

Molly sniffles subtly before laying the dress on the bed, "Well, I have to go tend to the cake, but I'll be back up later to help with the final touches."

She shuffles out of the room and back down the stairs. Hermione turns her gaze back to Sam, "How was it without Harry?"

Sam tilts her head and chuckles, "A little odd, I won't lie. I mean I grew up here, but ever since we left the Burrow last year, we've been together."

"Well, you'll be together completely by the end of the day," Hermione adds with a grin.

Sam smirks and raises an eyebrow, "Speaking of together... how're things with Ron?"

Hermione rolls her eyes playfully as she stands up from the bed and runs her hand over the lace of the dress, "Well thanks to you too, we're both set up for life. I think moving to our own flat has really helped us grow closer," she looks up at Sam, "I know I've said it before, but th-"

Sam holds up her hand, "You don't need to thank us. You and Ron stayed with us during the most difficult times and you had our backs since the beginning. You uprooted your lives to help us. It was a privilege to be able to give you something to start out."

Hermione's eyes widen tremendously, "To start off-!"

They both begin laughing and Sam shrugs.

As everyone is getting ready for the second wedding to take place at the Burrow, Sam steps outside to see the tent being set up in the yard for the reception. She looks over to the tree where she and Harry sat together all those years ago. White flowers were strung together and dangle from the branches as the twins place benches and chairs in rows in front of the tree. She and Harry will once again be under that tree in a few hours. The thought makes her heart jolt.

"Cold feet?" George asks as he and Fred join her on either side.

Sam smiles widely and chuckles, "Nope. Just admiring all your hard work."