finally

"Harry, you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago," Hermione scolds, "The task is two days from now."

"Really? I had no idea."

Harry and Hermione stood on the bridge, Harry was getting progressively more frustrated not only with the egg, but with Hermione's constant badgering.

"I suppose Viktor's already figured it out," Harry assumes.

"Wouldn't know. We don't actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we don't really talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being."

Harry looks at her and raises his eyebrows as a slow amused smile forms on his lips.

Hermione laughs, "I just mean he's not particularly loquacious."

"Mhm," Harry jokes.

"Mostly, he watches me study. It's a bit annoying, actually. You are trying to figure this egg out, aren't you?"

The smile drops from his face, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It just means these tasks are designed to test you, in the most brutal way. They're almost cruel."

Harry scoffs quietly and turns his head away from her, but she moves to the other side of him, "And I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve. I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time."

"Harry!" Sam shouts running down the bridge, when she reaches them she informs, "Cedric wanted me to tell you something because he couldn't find you-"

Harry who was still frustrated with Hermione, asks a little too aggressively, "You were with Cedric?"

Sam steps back in shock, "What? No, he found me and asked me to tell you that you should open the egg under the water. The prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor is usually free."

Harry nods in understanding, but before he can apologize, Sam walks away with Hermione. He sighs and walks back to the castle.

"What was that all about?" Sam asks Hermione.

"It's not you, I think I really frustrated him by asking him about the egg."

The next night, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Sam are all sitting in the library after Harry told them what he heard. They have been sitting there all day trying to figure out the riddle.

"Harry, tell me again," Hermione requests.

He lays his chin on a book in exhaustion, "Come seek us where our voices sound."

"The Black Lake, that's obvious," Hermione shakes Ron awake.

"An hour long you'll have to look."

Sam rests her head in her hands as Hermione continues, "Again, obvious. Though, admittedly, potentially problematic."

Harry looks at her, "'Potentially problematic'? When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?"

"Look, Harry, we can do this. The four of us can figure it out," Hermione reassures.

"Apart from obviously figuring out how to get Harry to breath underwater, what did they take?" Sam inquires.

"Well, as far as I know, it's the thing you'd miss the most," Harry answers.

"Hate to break up this fun little get together," Fred announces.

"McGonagall asked us to get you two," George points to Sam and Hermione.

"But the second task is only hours away-" Sam blurts.

"I'll stay here and see what we can find," Ron assures.