the weasley's

Arthur steps into the kitchen carrying his suitcase, "Morning, Weasleys."

A chorus of "Morning, Dad," could be heard.

"What a night. Nine raids. Nine!"

"Raids?" Harry asks Ron.

"Dad works in the Ministry of Magic, in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office. Dad loves Muggles, thinks they're fascinating."

Arthur kisses Molly on the cheek and proceeds to sit at the head of the table, "Well, now." He turns to Harry, "And who are you?"

"Oh, sorry, sir. I'm Harry, sir. Harry Potter."

"Good Lord. Are you really? Well, Ron and Sam have told us all about you, of course. When did he get here?"

Molly turns around with a hand on her hip, "This morning. Your sons flew that enchanted car of yours to Surrey and back last night."

"Oi! Don't forget, Sam came too!" The twins remark. Sam shoots them a glare.

Arthur looks up from his food, "Did you really? How did it go?" he asks with excitement.

Everyone except Mrs.Weasley smiles at each other until Molly smacked Arthur in the arm.

"I mean- That was very wrong indeed, boys. Very wrong of you. Now, Harry, you must know all about Muggles. Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"

Sam chokes back a laugh as Harry stumbles over his words. He's saved by an owl screeching.

Molly turns, "Well, that'll be Errol with the post."

An old brown owl comes soaring to the house, but smacks into the window instead. Everyone grimaces.

"Fetch it, will you, Percy, please?" Molly asks.

Ron scoffs, "He's always doing that."

"Oh, look. It's our Hogwarts letters. They've sent us Harry's as well." Percy notes.

Arthur laughs, "Dumbledore must know you're here. Doesn't miss a trick, that man."

The letters get passed around and George says, "This lot won't come cheap, mum."

"Yeah, the spell books alone are very expensive," Fred adds.

Molly looks to Arthur with a sad smile, "We'll manage. There's only one place we're going to get all of this. Diagon Alley."

They all get dressed to go to the Alley to collect the things they will need. The Weasley's walk over to the fireplace as Molly explains to Harry the Floo Network.

"Right. Here we are, Harry. You go first, Ron, so that Harry can see how it's done. Yes."

Ron steps up and into the fireplace. He grabs a handful of Floo powder and dictates clearly, "Diagon Alley" and then throws the powder into the fireplace at his feet. A roar of green flames envelops him and he disappears.

Harry looks terrified as Molly says, "You see? It's quite easy, dear. Don't be afraid. Come on."

He hesitantly steps forward and turns back at Sam, who gives him a reassuring nod.

"In you go. That's it. Mind your head. That's right. Now, take your Floo powder. That's it, very good. Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly.

He enunciates, "Diagonally" and throws his powder at his feet. He disappears in a swirl of green flames.

"What did he say?" She asks.

"Diagonally," Sam sighs.

"I thought he did, oh dear."