house cup

They gather in the Great Hall for the end of the year feast. Professor McGonagall, taps her glass to get the attention of the room.

Dumbledore stands, "Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand as thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points."

Everyone in the hall, gives mild claps as the Gryffindor table looks completely distraught.

"Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin house."

The entire Slytherin table jumps to their feet in loud, obnoxious cheers. Hermione rests her head in her hand, Ron looks angry, Harry and Sam just look annoyed.

"Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin. Well done," Dumbledore continues, "However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last-minute points to award. To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril...50 points."

Everyone cheers more joyously.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many long years, 50 points. Thirdly, to Miss Samantha Jackson, for bravely walking into the fire to save her friends instead of walking away...50 points."

Sam grins with pride as Fred and George wrap their arms around her and cheer loudly. Harry gives her a warm, grateful smile.

"And fourth, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerver and outstanding courage...I award Gryffindor house 60 points. And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."

Neville looks stunned as everyone from the Gryffindor table jumps and cheers loudly.

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order," Dumbledore announces as he claps his hands together and the banners hanging above the Great Hall change from Slytherin to Gryffindor.

"Gryffindor wins the house cup," he announces.

The Gryffindor table stands up, hugging each other and cheering. Everyone in the hall throws their caps into the air in conclusion of another year.