moaning myrtle

The following morning, Hermione pulls Sam out of bed, insisting they grab the boys to continue their work on the Polyjuice Potion. Once they all make their way to the girl's bathroom, they sit down as Harry relays the information he received the night before in the Hospital Wing.

"Again? You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione inquires as she pours more ingredients into the cauldron.

"Of course," Ron remarks, "Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. Now, he's taught Draco how to do it."

Hermione continues to pour more foul smelling things into the brew, "Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure."

Ron folds his arms across his chest, "Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of the girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?"

Sam chuckles, "No. No one ever comes in here."

"Why?"

"Moaning Myrtle," Sam retorts.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asks.

A ghostly figure moves out of the stall behind Ron, "I'm Moaning Myrtle," she shrieks, scaring the daylights out of Ron. She floats past and up towards the ceiling, "I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping Moaning Myrtle?" She sniffles obnoxiously and cries while swooping down and flying into a nearby toilet.

"She's a little sensitive," Hermione informs.