the chamber has been opened

While Harry was serving detention with Professor Lockhart, Ron and Sam grab Hermione to go and find Harry after four hours. They meander down the corridors toward the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom when Sam smacks right into him.

"Oh, Harry I'm sorry, we were just coming to find you!" she says.

"Did you hear it?" Harry asks in a panic.

Ron tilts his head, "Hear what?"

"That voice."

"Voice, Harry? What voice?" Hermione insists.

"I heard it first in Lockhart's office. And then again just-", he pauses and looks up, "It's moving. I think it's going to kill."

He runs down the corridor as they run after him. They run to the end of the corridor until Harry stops and they step in puddles of water. Harry looks to the right and slows his pace down, looking around the hall. He stops and holds his hand to stop the others as he looks at the ground. Sam follows his gaze to see tiny spiders crawling up the wall and out the window.

"Strange," Harry says, "I've never seen spiders act like that."

Sam looks to Ron as he says, "I don't like spiders."

They look to the ground and see in the water, reflection of writing on the opposite wall. Sam looks up to see, 'The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir... beware' written in blood.

"It's written in blood," Hermione gasps.

Harry looks to the side of the wall, "Oh, no."

They follow his gaze, "It's Filch's cat," Sam informs, "It's Mrs.Norris."

Other students begin to file into the hall from all sides. Some gasp, but they all stare at the writing and then at Harry, who is standing directly in front of the writing.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware," Malfoy reads, he turns to Hermione, "You'll be next, Mudbloods."

Hermione grabs Sam's wrist before she can lunge at him.

Down the hall, Filch shouts, "What's going on here? Go on. Make way, make way." He pushes his way to the front of the crows before his eyes land on his bloody cat, hanging from the wall by its tail.

He stutters out, "Mrs. Norris? You've murdered my cat."

Harry panics, "No. No."

FIlch grabs Harry by the top of his robes, "I'll kill ya. I'LL KILL YA!"

"Argus!"

Students step aside to let Dumbledore through, "Argus, I-" he stops as he reads the inscription on the wall, "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately."

Everyone begins to rush back before he continues, "Everyone except, you four."

He points to Harry, Sam, Ron and Hermione. They stop in their tracks and stand still. Sam looks over her shoulder at the twins, who look concerned as they're being pushed away.

"She's not dead, Argus. She has been Petrified," Dumbledore alerts calmly.

"Thought so. So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the countercurse that could've spared her." Lockhart pompously informs.

Dumbledore tilts his head down to look at Gilderoy over the rims of his glasses. The other Professors look just as annoyed as most of the students have.

Dumbledore continues, "But how she has been Petrified, I cannot say."

Filch aggressively nods his head toward Harry, "Ask him. It's him that's done it."