quidditch world cup

The day arrives where they leave for the Quidditch World Cup. Arthur comes knocking on all their doors at the crack of dawn. Sam and Hermione roll out of bed and go downstairs to make coffee. Harry and Ron come downstairs looking like they rose from the dead. Sam gives a lazy smile and hands them both coffee. Harry elects not to tell everyone about the very bad dream he had last night. When Fred and George finally make their way into the kitchen, everyone grabs their bags and sets off.

"Ron, where are we actually going?" Harry asks.

"Uh- I don't know. Hey, Dad. Where are we going?"

"Haven't the foggiest," Arthur shouts back at them.

Harry and Ron walk side by side in the back of the group, Sam and Hermione are close behind the twins as they journey through the forest.

Sam turns to Hermoine and whispers, "Doesn't this remind you of Lord of the Rings, just a little?"

Hermione laughs as Sam shouts, "We're going on an adventure Frodo!"

The others all look at them with confusion, having no idea what they're talking about. After the sun rises, Sam and Hermione look up when they hear a voice through the trees.

"Arthur!"

Mr. Weasley raises a hand in greeting.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone. Works with me at the Ministry. And this strapping young lad is Cedric."

Sam and Hermione look to each other, both acknowledging how attractive Cedric is. As they continue walking through the forest Cedric walks beside the girls.

"You go to Hogwarts, right?" Hermione asks.

"Yeah, I'm a Hufflepuff, 7th year."

Fred and George swing back to walk next to Ron and Harry.

"Pretty boy Diggory is on the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team," George says with disdain.

"Is it just me, or is he a little too friendly with the girls?" Ron asks with a glare.

Harry keeps an eye on him, but doesn't say anything as they make their way up a hill.

"Yes, it's just over there," Amos shouts.

Sam notices a raggedy old boot sitting at the top of the hill as Arthur asks, "Shall we?"

Amos informs everyone, "Get yourself into a good position."

Everyone stands in a circle around the boot.

"Why are they all just standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asks the twins.

"That isn't just any manky old boot-"

"It's a Portkey."

"Time to go!" Arthur calls.

"What's a Portkey?" Harry inquires.

Everyone places a hand on the boot as Arthur counts down from three.

"Harry!" Sam shouts as she grabs his hand and puts it on the boot.

They suddenly spin rapidly and shoot up into the air and teleport into a new area.

"Let go kids! Let go!" Amos shouts.

They all let go and land on the ground with a loud hmph. Sam falls onto Harry as she hits the ground, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry."

Everyone lands roughly on the ground except for Arthur, Amos and Cedric who glide down gracefully. Once Cedric touches the ground he rushes over and lifts Sam easily off of Harry.