buckbeak

As they walk into their first lesson of Divination, Sam sits with Harry and Ron with Hermione.

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight. Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you. What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first you must broaden your minds. First, you must look beyond."

"What a load of rubbish," Hermione whispers.

As the professor walks in front of Sam and Harry's table she exclaims, "Oh! Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are!"

Sam looks to Harry with wide eyes, "Uh, yeah, sure."

"Look at the cup. Tell me what you see."

Sam looks into the cup and tilts her head, "It's a dog. A wolf, maybe."

Harry looks into his cup, "Uh, yeah, actually that's what I see in yours."

"Give me the cup," Trelawney says as she reaches her hand for both cups, she screams and puts them back on the table.

Sam and Harry look at each other in complete disbelief.

"My dears," she says while holding her hands close to her chest, "you have the Grim."

The class whispers, Seamus calls out, "The Grin? What's the Grin?"

Another student says, "Not the Grin, you idiot. The Grim. 'Taking form of a giant spectral dog. It's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen... of death.'"

Sam looks at Harry with worried eyes. They quickly exit Divination and make their way out of the castle to Care of Magical Creatures.

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black, do you?" Ron asks.

"Oh, honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination Is a woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject," Hermione exclaims.

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking?" Sam questions.

"A fair few," she responds.

"Hang on," Ron stops, "That's not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You have to be in two classes at once."

"Don't be silly, Ron," Hermione says as she continues walking, "How could anyone be in two classes at once?"

Sam eyes her suspiciously and leans in so only she can hear, "Spill, I'm not as easy to fool."

Hermione looks back at the boys, who seem to have fallen into their own conversation, she pulls out an odd hourglass necklace, "McGonagall gave it to me, last night. It takes you back in time, so I can attend multiple classes."

Sam smiles at the necklace and then at Hermione, "Brilliant."

They reach Hagrid's Hut and there's already a crowd of students. Hagrid calls out, "That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me."

Sam smiles as he guides them, proud of him for becoming a professor like he deserves.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49."

Draco steps back to lean against a tree, "God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes."