together

Harry, Hermione, Ron and Sam say their goodbyes to Neville and Luna as they make their way to 12 Grimmauld Place. Sam unlocks the door and they all stand in the entrance, looking in, they remember all of the great memories they shared this past year. Sam brushes off her pain and walks in and up the stairs. Before she can enter her room, Harry stops her.

"It's okay to feel it, you know?" Harry states.

She sighs, "I can't, Harry. I just can't. I have to be able to control my emotions or... well, you know."

They both feel a heavy weight settle on their hearts. She can't go through the process of grief like they can. She shakes it off and gives them a sad smile.

"I'll be okay," She assures as she opens the door to her room.

She stops in her place when she's a letter sitting on her bed. She sets her things down on the floor and picks it up as she sits down. On the front, in Sirius' handwriting is 'My beautiful girl'. She opens it slowly and begins to read over the parchment carefully.

'Darling,

None of this was your fault. I know that's what you must be thinking right now, but instead I want you to think about how much I love you. When you were born, I thought I would die from the overwhelming love I had for you. You are my life. You have given me more joy and love than I've had in my long life. Being able to spend this time with you has given my heart something to beat for. Please know that I would've walked into the fires of hell to save you. If you're reading this, I didn't make it out of the Ministry, and that's okay. I would do it all over again if it meant that you would be alive. You are my greatest joy in life and I died with joy and love in my heart. I'm so proud of you, my beautiful girl. I love you with everything I have and dying for your safety, is my greatest honor. Never forget that I will be with you always.

May we meet again my darling,

Sirius.'

As she finishes the letter, she watches her tears fall and hit the paper. Pain ripples through her like an endless tide. She lets the parchment fall to the floor as she uses both of her hands to cover her mouth as silent screams rip through her. She breathes in deep as more tears fall from her eyes. Harry can hear her sobs and runs out of his room, he skids on the floor before running into her room and sitting down next to her. He reaches for her and pulls her into his chest. She continues to sob as her tears soak into his shirt. It hurts to see her in pain, and his hurt is etched across his features. He kisses her forehead and pulls her back in.

"It's okay, love. It's okay. I'm ready. Let it out," he whispers as he runs his fingers through her hair.

Hermione and Ron reach her room and stand in the doorway. They watch as Sam's body shakes and sorrow washes over them. Harry wraps his arms around her completely and pulls her face deeper as she lets a scream rip out of her lungs. She gives it her all, willing the pain to leave. Harry absorbs every wave of it and holds onto her.

Ron and Hermione stare in wonder as they can visibly see a shimmering force surround Harry and Sam as he shields her scream. As Sam stops screaming and lets her body fall completely into Harry, the force disappears and he brushes her hair out of her face. Hermione and Ron rush over and sit next to her as they wrap their arms around her as well.

"You're okay, we're okay," Hermione encourages.

"We're with you. We're all going to be okay," Ron notes as he holds his friends.

"We still have each other," Harry notes, "Till the end."

"And after that," Sam concludes as they all hold onto each other.