time turner

Harry and Sam wake up in the hospital a few hours later. Hermione sits over their beds and as they sit up they notice Ron sits in the bed opposite of them.

"I saw my dad," Harry informs, "He sent the dementors away. I saw him across the lake."

Without skipping a beat Hermione interjects, "They've captured Sirius. Any minute now the dementors are gonna perform the Kiss."

Sam moves to get off her bed, "You mean they're gonna kill him?"

"No. It's worse. They're going to suck out his soul."

At this, the doors burst open and Dumbledore walks in.

"Headmaster, you've got to stop them," Sam shouts, "They've got the wrong man."

"It's true. Sirius is innocent," Harry remarks as they both get out of bed quickly.

"It's Scabbers who did it," Ron says while sitting up.

"Scabbers?" Dumbledore asks in wonder.

"He's my rat, sir. Well, he's not really a rat. He was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat. But then they gave him an owl-"

"The point is, we know the truth," Sam says quickly while turning to the professor, "Please believe us."

"I do, Miss Jackson."

"Black," she corrects.

Harry looks at her with a smile.

"Miss Black, then," Dumbledore declares, "But, I'm sorry to say, the word of four 13 year old wizards will convince few others." He walks over to Ron, "A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen."

The clocktower bell rings and he continues, "Mysterious thing, time. Powerful," he begins to walk toward the doors, "and when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower."

Dumbledore turns around quickly, "You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before the last chime. If not the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight, more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns should do it, I think. Oh, and by the way. When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck."

He exits the Hospital Wing and Ron sits up, leaning on his elbows, "What the bloody hell was that all about?"

"Sam, you know how it works," Hermione says while pulling off her necklace and handing it to her, "I'll see if there's something I can do to find Pettigrew."

Sam nods and puts the necklace around her and Harry. He tries to touch the necklace but she slaps his hand away and turns the hourglass three times. The room begins to shift and they watch as people move by and backwards quickly. It turns daylight outside and Sam pulls the necklace off of them and puts it in her pocket.

"What just happened?" He asks frantically, "Where's Ron?"

"7:30. Where were we at 7:30?"

"I don't know. Going to Hagrid's?"

"Come on," she grabs his hands and runs with him out the door, "And we can't be seen."

"Sam!"

They run down the clocktower and into the courtyard.

"Sam! Will you please tell me what it is we're doing?"

They book it across the bridge and stop when they see themselves in front of Draco. They hide behind the wall. He peers around the wall.