polyjuice potion

As Christmas break begins, the four of them decide to stay behind to continue with their plan.

Hermione comes to sit next to Sam, across from the boys, "Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into."

"Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy," Harry confirms.

"We also need to make sure the real ones can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy," Hermione states.

"How?" Ron asks.

"I've got it all worked out," Hermione pulls out three cupcakes, "I filled these with a bit of Sam's Sleeping Draught. Simple, but powerful."

The boys look at Sam, "Don't worry, I can get more from Snape."

Hermione continues, "Now, once they're asleep, hide them in the broomstick cupboard and pull out a few of their hairs and put on their uniforms."

"Whose hair are you ripping out then?" Ron asks incredulously.

"I've already got mine. Millicent Bulstrode. Slytherin. I got this off her robes. I'm going to go check on the Polyjuice Potion. Make sure that Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy find these."

After Hermione leaves, the three of them hide behind a statue waiting for their victims to come along and find the cupcakes. As they find them, they reach in and take a bite before completely passing out. Harry, Ron and Sam drag them into a cupboard and put on their robes. They run up to the girl's bathroom to meet with Hermione.

Hermione pours the surprisingly chunky dark brown liquid into four glasses, "We'll have exactly one house before we change back into ourselves."

She hands them each their glasses as Sam grimaces and says, "Bottoms up."

They all down their drink which tastes utterly horrible. They each feel like they might puke so they drop their glasses and run to the stalls. Sam notices as she begins to change. Her hair grows shorter and much darker. They exit the stalls, all except Hermione.

Ron turns to Sam, "You look horrifying, bloody hell."

Harry says, "We still sound like ourselves, you need to sound more like Crabbe," he points to Ron and then points to Sam, "and you need to sound more like Pansy."

"But where's Hermione," Sam asks.

"I- I don't think I'm going. You go on without me."

"Hermione, are you okay," Harry asks.

"Just go. You're wasting time."

"Come on," he says, pulling them to the Slytherin common room.

They race down to the dungeons before Sam stops them, "Remember, if this is going to work, we have to act like them so Malfoy doesn't get suspicious."

They run straight into Malfoy, "Where have you three been?"

Sam puts a hand on Malfoy's arm, "Sorry Draco, we were just- oh wow! You look good."

She looks him up and down, trying to act the part. Ron almost gags and leans in so only Harry can here, "She's really laying it on thick." Harry nods, slightly disgusted.

They follow Draco back to the common room. Sam sits down next to him, but Harry and Ron look around confused.

"Well, sit down," Draco says. Sam gives them a stern look.

"You'd never know the Weasleys were pure-bloods, the way they behave. They're an embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them."

Ron clenches his fists, in turn cracking his knuckles.

"What's wrong with you, Crabbe?" he asks.

Ron mumbles, "Stomach ache."

Draco looks to Sam, still speaking to the group, "You know, I'm surprised the Daily Prophet hasn't done a report on all these attacks. I suppose Dumbledore is trying to hush it all up. Father always said Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to this place."

"You're wrong!" Harry bursts out in anger.

Malfoy looks alarmed, he stands and walks closer to Harry, "What? You think there's someone here who's worse than Dumbledore? Well? Do you?"

"Harry Potter?" he stutters out.

Draco sneers, "Good one, Goyle. You're absolutely right. Saint Potter. And people actually think that he's the Heir of Slytherin?"

"But then you must have some idea who's behind it all," Sam states.

"You know I don't, Parkinson. I told you yesterday. How many times- why do you smell like that Gryffindor? Jackson?"

Harry and Ron's face grows startled and worried.

She covers it quickly, "Why do you remember what she smells like, Draco?"

Surprisingly Draco actually blushes, shocking all three of them.

He shakes it off and continues, "But my father did say this: It's been 50 years since the Chamber was opened. He wouldn't tell me who opened it. Only that they were expelled. The last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died. So it's only a matter of time before one of them is killed this time. As for me, I hope it's Granger."

Ron stands abruptly, ready to fight but Harry holds him back.

"What's the matter with you two?" Draco asks in anger, "You're acting very odd."

"It's his stomach ache," Harry explains, he turns to Ron and whispers, "Calm down."

Ron whispers to Harry, "Scar."

Sam looks over and notices they're changing back, she grabs them both and runs out of the common room with Draco shouting after them, "Hey! Where are you going?"

They race back up to the bathroom to inform Hermione on all they learned. By the time they reach it, they completely morph back.

"That was close," Ron exclaims.

"Hermione, come out. We've got loads to tell you."

"Go away," she shouts.

"Hermione?" Sam asks as she slowly pushes open the stall door.

They look in surprise as she states, "Do you remember me telling you that the Polyjuice Potion was only for human transformations? It was cat hair I plucked off Millicent's robes."

She looks like a human cat, tail, ears and fur all over.

"Look at my face," she says.

"Look at your tail," Ron remarks as Sam punches him in the arm.