broken bones

About a week goes by before Harry's Quidditch match against Slytherin. Sam, Ron and Hermione are in the stands watching the game commence. With the brand new brooms Malfoy's father bought, Slytherin is leading by 60 points. Despite their success, they still play rough and unfair.

A Bludger zooms past Harry's head and knocks Wood off his broom, but it swings back around and chases Harry around the Quidditch pitch.

Hagrid looks through his binoculars, "Blimey! Harry's got himself a rogue Bludger. That's been tampered with, that has!"

Ron pulls out his damaged wand, "I'll stop it."

Hermione grabs his wand and pushes it down, "No! Even with a proper wand, it's too risky. You could hit Harry."

Sam watches as Harry tries to dodge the Bludger and flies all around the pitch. Her heart races and the angry she becomes the more focused she becomes. She stops looking at Harry and instead focuses on the Bludger chasing him. It's as if everything around her slows, and all she can think is, 'If it's been tampered with, it might try to kill him'. The Bludger stops mid air and floats still. Ron looks over to Sam, but when his eyes meet hers, he doesn't see hazel, he sees bright green.

"Sam, snap out of it," he shakes her until she turns to look at him, her eyes shifting back to normal, "Your eyes..."

She fixes her gaze back to Harry, this time not in anger but in worry. Upon breaking her eye contact, the Bludger continues to chase after him. He catches sight of the Snitch and plummets after it. He and Draco go head to head, shoving each other out of the way, with the Bludger still aggressively chasing Harry. They fly under the pitch, where the crowd can't see. A few minutes later, Malfoy comes soaring up and back onto the pitch. He falls off his broom and lands with a thud. Harry continues to chase after the Snitch, but the rogue Bludger swings by and hits right into his wrist.

Sam gasps loudly. Harry pulls his wrist close to his chest and continues to reach for the Snitch with one arm. His broom spins and he lands on the ground.

Sam grabs Ron and Hermione, "Let's go!" They race down to meet Harry on the field.

"Harry Potter has caught the Snitch. Gryffindor wins!" the announcer calls.

As everyone cheers, the rogue Bludger continues to try to attack Harry. He rolls on the ground just before the ball smacks into it.

Sam runs onto the pitch and pulls out her wand, "Finite Incantatem!" and the Bludger explodes above their heads. They race over to Harry.

"Thank you," he says.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"No. I think my arm is broken," he alerts while holding it close to himself.

Lockhart runs up to Harry and drops to the ground, "Not to worry, Harry. I will fix that arm of yours straightaway."

Harry looks alarmed, "No. Not you."

Gilderoy turns to the crowd quickly forming, "Oh, poor boy, doesn't even know what he's saying."

He reaches for Harry's arm and pulls back the sleeve, Harry lets out a few small sounds of pain.

"This won't hurt a bit," Lockhart informs, "Brackium Emendo!"

A bright glowing light emerges from the tip of his wand, but as he lifts Harry's arm it flops around like jelly. It looks like there's no bone left in his arm at all.

"Ah, yes, well, that can sometimes happen- um- but the point is-" Lockhart says as he bends Harry's arm back inhumanly, "- you can no longer feel any pain, and, very clearly, the bones are not broken."

"Broken?" Hagrid exclaims, "There's no bones left."

Harry's arm flings back and forth as the crowd makes disgusted sounds.

"Much more flexible, though," Gilderoy notes.

Sam scoffs and pulls Harry to his feet, "Let's get you to Madam Pomfrey."

When we finally got to the Hospital Wing, Malfoy was already groaning in one of the beds. Madam Pomfrey shuffled in, "Mr.Malfoy, stop making such a fuss. You can go. Out of my way."

Most of the Gryffindor team and classmates were gathered around Harry's bed as she brought him a potion.

"He should have been brought straight to me. I can mend bones in a heartbeat, but growing them back..."

Sam breaks eye contact with Harry to observe Pomfrey, "You will be able to, won't you?"

"Oh, I'll be able to, certainly. But it'll be painful," she informs as she pours the liquid into a glass, "You're in for a rough night, Potter. Regrowing bones is a nasty business."

Harry takes a swig of the potion and immediately spits it out onto the floor.

"What did you expect? Pumpkin Juice?" Pomfrey asks, exasperatedly.

Everyone sits and talks with Harry until curfew when Sam walks back to the common room in between Fred and George.

Fred throws his arm around her, "So, little S, you seemed to rush to Harry's aid fairly fast,hmm?"

He smirks at her and wiggles his eyebrows in a suggestive way.

"Harry is one of my best friends, if it was one of you two down there, I'd do the same."

"Well obviously-" Fred says with a playful roll of his eyes.

George throws his arm over her shoulder and leans down, "- You love us. So, what does that mean for you and Harry?"

Her lips part slightly, and then close. "Look, he's my best friend and I don't want him to die. Plus, I can't let his name change from The Boy Who Lived to The Boy Who Lived Only To Die By Bludger, what kind of friend would that make me?"

The twins look at each for a moment and then burst out in laughter. Sam looks between the two of them, and then begins to laugh as well.