triwizard tournament

They sit on the train, heading for Hogwarts. The trolley rolls by and the boys stand to get their sweets. Hermione is reading the Daily Prophet and Sam is looking out the window. Harry comes and sits back down next to Sam, passing her a licorice wand. She gives him a warm smile.

"This is horrible," Hermione states, "How can the Ministry not know who conjured it? Wasn't there any security or...?"

"Loads, according to Dad. That's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses."

Harry goes to touch his scar and Hermione notices, "It's hurting again isn't it? Your scar."

He looks at her incredulously, "I'm fine."

She leans in, "You know Sirius will want to hear about this... what we saw at the World Cup and your dream," she turns to Sam, "and your episodes."

Harry looks out the window and Sam just rolls her eyes. Nonetheless, Harry begins writing a letter to him and sends it off with Hedwig. Once they arrive at Hogwarts they all gather in the courtyard. They run over to watch as a carriage flown by seven pegasuses lands below the castle.

"Well, there's something you don't see every day," Fred says to the rest of them.

A large boat, similar to a pirate ship, emerges from the lake and casts anchor. After the dust from the events settles, they all head into the Great Hall for the beginning of the year feast. Sam and Hermione sit across from Harry and Ron.

"Well, now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement," Dumbledore declares," This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well."

Filch bursts through the doors and runs up the middle aisle.

Dumbledore continues, "You see, Hogwarts has been chosen... Yes, what is it?" He asks Filch who begins whispering to him.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Triwizard Tournament."

The twins turn to each other, "Brilliant."

"For those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxime."

The Great Hall doors open once again and a group of stunning girls walk into the hall. They're dressed in all light blue satin, which hangs off of their figures beautifully. As the walk down the hall, giving everyone quite the show of their beauty, all the boys lean out of their seats to get a better look.

Ron, who looks smitten, lets out, "Bloody hell."

Sam rolls her eyes. As their headmistress enters, they notice her alarming height.

Seamus nudges Ron, "Blimey, that's one big woman."

As they finish their show, all the boys stand and cheer. Hermione looks at Ron with slight disappointment. Sam looks at Harry who is also standing and scoffs. He quickly turns to her and it's like he's knocked out of trance. He sits back down.

Hermione leans across the table, seeing Harry's obvious confusion, "They're part Veela, you're drawn into their beauty, but trust me it's not real."

He nods and turns back to Sam who isn't looking at him. He doesn't even remember why he thought they were beautiful now that he's looking at her. She's the most beautiful person he's ever seen.