fireworks

Exactly one week before the World Cup, Sam sits down and writes a letter to Sirius. She tells him about the unforgettable summer they've had, she fills him in on the new developments of her illness and how she hopes to be able to see him soon. Just as she sends it off, the twins barge into her room and fall onto her bed.

"Sure, you can come in."

"Mum wanted us to tell you that Hermione's staying in your room," George alerts.

"Well, duh. She's not sleeping on the couch."

"Come on, little S, we're spending the day outside," Fred says as he pulls her out of her room.

They enter Harry and Ron's room and inform them of the plans. Harry's eyes fall on Sam. She's wearing denim shorts and a white crop top with her hair half up-half down in a red ribbon. His lips part slightly. Sam has always been pretty to him, but this summer she's somehow become much more beautiful. He didn't think it was possible.

When Hermione arrives, they all spend the day outside. The boys play their own game of Quidditch and Harry teaches Sam how to properly fly. Late in the afternoon, Sam climbs one of the trees and sits on one of the branches overlooking the Burrow. She watches as the twins set up for the fireworks they'll be setting off tonight, Ron tries and fails to show Hermione how to fly on a broom, and as she looks for Harry, she doesn't see him. As if reading her mind, he climbs up the tree and straddles the same branch.

"Have you decided who you're going to support?" He asks her.

"Yeah, but I'm not telling you," she smirks.

"You know I could easily push you off this tree?"

"You know I could easily scream?"

He chuckles and looks out to the events unfolding, " Do you think Hermione and Ron will figure out their feelings this year?"

Sam tilts her head as she looks at them, "Maybe, if Ron can get his head out of his arse... on second thought."

They both laugh and Harry watches her as she smiles at her friends below. He's always loved the light in her eyes, but something has changed this year. He realizes his own feelings more now.

"Maybe it's just hard for some people to understand their own feelings," he acknowledges.

She turns towards him, "I think if the feelings are strong enough, it's not hard to understand."

She pulls out her camera and without warning takes his picture.

"Hey! I wasn't ready!" He complains.

She chuckles, "Fine, then smile," she shows him a big smile to show him how it's done.

He exaggerates a smile and she laughs as she takes the picture. Once she's done, he takes the camera from her and points it in her direction. She gives him a heart stopping smile and he hesitates for a moment before snapping the picture. They sit and talk about meaningless things until the sun finally sets and he climbs down first. As she climbs down, her foot catches and she falls, but Harry catches her and sets her down. She blushes and they head over to their other friends.

They spend the next few hours setting off fireworks and running around with sparklers. Sam takes pictures of the twins and a few secret pictures of Ron and Hermione. She sneaks up behind Harry and wraps her arms around him while taking a picture of the two of them holding their sparklers up. When they finally head inside, Ron suggests, "Campout in Sam and Hermione's room?"

Sam smirks and shouts, "I'll grab the pillows!"

Fred and George practically screech, "We'll pull off the sheets!"

Hermione and Harry grab the snacks and Ron collects the blankets. They set everything up, expertly as the Weasley's and Sam have done this hundreds of times. They stay up discussing their expectations of the World Cup and a playful argument arises over who's going to win. Sam and Hermione get the pictures developed into the typical moving style. Harry sits down next to Sam as they all laugh at Fred and George's jokes.

She leans over and whispers to him, "Are you happy?"

He looks around at the room and his friends and his eyes land on her smiling at him, "Yeah, it's been one of the best days I've ever had."

They all pass out after laughing most of the night and Sam falls asleep with a smile.