Piggyback

"HARU-CHAAAAAN!"

Haruki's eyes widened as she felt someone jump onto her back from behind, but before she could even process what was happening, her arms moved instinctively so that she was supporting the weight of the person who was latched onto her.

"Shisui?!" she gasped in disbelief, having not seen the Uchiha since their last mission together. "Where have you been, huh?"

Shisui chuckled as he stayed on Haruki's back, allowing her to carry him down the rest of the road.

"Sorry, I was on a mission," he cooed, arms around Haruki's neck as he held onto her. "But I heard the good news! Congratulations on passing the exam! You're officially a jōnin now!"

"Thank you," smiled Haruki, laughing at Shisui's bright behaviour. "When did you get back to the village?"

"A couple of hours ago. But, I had to report to the Hokage first, so that's why I couldn't come and congratulate you before I did anything else!"

"I'm elated that I was at the top of your list of priorities," said Haruki dryly, hoisting Shisui up as she made herself comfortable carrying his weight. "Where are you headed to? I'll take you there."

"You don't have to carry me the whole way, I can walk."

"Think of it as strength training. Where to, boss?"

"Well, I was heading back to the compound."

Haruki internally groaned as she came to a halt, turning on her heel and walking back the way she had come.

"Walking from here to the compound with me on your back is a work out, isn't it?" laughed Shisui as Haruki cracked her neck, preparing herself for her journey.

"Who said we were walking?"

"Haru-ch- AAAAAH!"