A Frowned Upon Love

"Ah, Shisui. You've arrived."

Haruki nervously followed Shisui into the Hokage's office one evening, having decided to see him off after a summons from the village leader had resulted in their monthly date out being cut short.

"Okay, I guess I'll leave you here," whispered the Hyūga as she hid behind the door, waving her boyfriend off. "See you around, Shisui."

Minato perked up as he saw Shisui hesitating by the door, raising an eyebrow.

"Shisui? Is Haruki here with you?"

Haruki opened the door and bowed quickly at the Hokage.

"I just came to drop Shisui off," insisted the Haruki, waving at Minato. "I'll leave you two be."

"Oh, I'm sorry- did I interrupt something?" said the Namikaze apologetically, his eyes widening in surprise as he regarded the pair's slightly irked demeanours.

"Not at all," smiled Shisui, although Haruki knew that he was far from pleased at being called to the Hokage's office at such short notice. With his and Haruki's schedules being so volatile, Shisui had been so certain that tonight, at least, they could go out and enjoy a proper date together.

Minato frowned, disbelieving of Shisui's facade.

"I'm sorry," apologised the Hokage, scratching the back of his head. "It's fine, Shisui. I can call on Kakashi or Obito."

"Well, I'm here now. I can do it."

Minato leaned back in his seat, a curious look on his face as he glanced between Haruki and Shisui.

"I'm not really up to date with, ah, the goings on with everyone around here," he began, chewing on his cheek as he looked towards Shisui for an answer. "But... are you two dating?"

"Yes, Hokage-sama."

"Oh! Splendid!" Minato smiled cheesily and waved at Haruki, who bowed her head respectfully. "I'm really sorry for stealing your boyfriend, Haruki. Do you mind if I borrow him?"

"Not at all, Hokage-sama," said the Hyūga hurriedly, shaking her head. "Please, don't mind me."

"Alright, alright. Take care on your way home, okay?"

"Yes, Hokage-sama."

Haruki met Shisui's gaze as he looked at her over his shoulder, giving her a small nod as she slowly backed out of the room.

"By the way, we'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone," Shisui added in a low voice, making Haruki smile as she shut the door behind herself. "Haruki's father wouldn't take too kindly to it if he found out she's dating."

"Forbidden love, huh? Don't worry, I won't be saying anything. Your secret is safe with me."

"It's not so much a forbidden love as much as it is a, ah, frowned upon love."

"Frowned upon love? Ha! That sounds much more befitting of your situation. Anyways, I apologise for tearing you away so suddenly, but I need to ask you one thing before we can start. Is Haruki aware that you are a member of the Anbu?"

"No, Hokage-sama."

"Good. Now, here's what I need you to do. Listen very carefully, Shisui."