The Staff Room

"I'll be in your office if you need anything, Haru-chan."

"I probably won't."

"Wow, thanks for letting me off nicely."

Haruki blew Shisui a kiss as she turned on her heel and walked into her class for the day, where Baki was seated at the back in observation. As the Suna delegation consisted of both fifth and sixth graders, Baki was enlisted in escorting the fifth graders- who were mixed in with Haruki's own class- while Pakura oversaw the sixth graders in their own separate class, taught by Haruki and Shisui's comrade, Iruka.

"Alright! Good morning everyone!"

*

Soon enough, the bell signalling lunchtime rang, and after dismissing her students for their break, Haruki approached Baki at the back of the classroom.

"Baki-san, would you like to join me in the staff room for our break?" she asked kindly, noting that the jōnin had a pen and notebook out, and appeared to have been taking notes throughout her class.

"That would be nice."

Haruki led Baki out of the room and down the corridor, making pleasant conversation with him as they travelled towards the staff room.

"... so this week, we'll have the children settle in with ours and experience what it's like to be taught in our Academy. But next week will be all about sightseeing and exploring what Konoha has to offer! Of course, we had to make sure that there would be educational purposes for our sightseeing visits as well, so we've picked out some spots that'll be both fun and beneficial to the children's learning..."

Rattling on about next week's plan to Baki, Haruki eventually made it to the staff room and held the door open for him.

"... and then next Saturday, we'll hold our farewell party! Of course, it won't be too long, and we'll make sure you all get plenty of rest before we send you off on Sunday morning."

"I'm glad you and Shisui-san have planned all of this so meticulously. Thank you for your efforts, Haruki-san."

"No problem! We're looking forward to enjoying the programme with you and the children!"

In the center of the staff room around the coffee table, Pakura sat with Iruka, looking up at hearing Baki's voice.

"How are you finding it, Pakura?"

"So far, so good. The children are really integrating well."

Hands on her hips, Haruki looked towards the kitchen area and saw none other than Shisui dawdling around the sink.

"Haru-chan, bento!"

He was at work unpacking their lunchboxes and making hot cups of tea for the both of them, making Haruki smile brightly.

"Thank you, dear husband of mine," she said, sauntering over and leaning over the countertop to assess Shisui's tea making. "One sugar, please."

"Pfft, who do you think you're asking? It's already in there."

"You're a star."

Haruki picked up their lunchboxes and trudged over to the normal table, placing them across from each other and sitting down as Shisui followed her with their beverages.

"You know, it feels kind of weird to be working together again," chuckled Shisui, sitting across from Haruki as he pushed her cup of tea towards her. "How many people can say that work was the thing that brought them together with their significant other?"

"You'd be surprised."

As Haruki picked up her chopsticks, Shisui sighed and leaned forward on the table, cupping his chin in his hands as he gazed lovingly at his wife.

"... yes?" asked Haruki, raising an eyebrow in suspicion at the sudden look of infatuation on her husband's face.

"It's been eleven years since we first met," said the Uchiha softly, still smiling absentmindedly at Haruki. "It feels like time has flown by so fast. I don't want it to end."

"Why are you saying this all of a sudden?" asked Haruki, uttering a quick thanks for her food before picking at her rice.

"I always used to look forward to missions I had with you," admitted Shisui, making Haruki chuckle. "Even before that two month long mission the Hokage sent us on that ended up with me finally asking you out, I'd always keep my fingers crossed that he'd assign me on missions with you. To be honest, I'm pretty sure he noticed."

"And now here we are! Married with four children, and still going strong."

"I'm so happy to have met you, Haru-chan. You went from a teammate, to a friend, to a lover and the mother of my children. Surely this is fate."

"What's with all this lovey dovey talk, again?"

"Nothing. Just me trying to tell you how much I love you. Again."

"I love you too, Shisui. But why reminisce about the past when we can look forward to our future?"

Shisui smiled brightly.

"I already am."

Meanwhile, Pakura and Baki sat at the coffee table, exchanging small smiles as they listened in on the couple's conversation.