Lady Hokage

"Oh, how the tables have turned. Welcome home, Haru-chan!"

Following a mission in which she had had to accompany two recently promoted chūnin on a lower end B-rank mission, Haruki looked up in surprise as she heard Shisui's voice greeting her and her troupe as they entered the village gate.

"Haruki-senpai, we're going to go sign in," bowed one of the chūnin, who was followed swiftly by his comrade as they hurried off towards Kotetsu and Izumo.

"What are you doing here?" mused the Hyūga as she came to a halt before her boyfriend, grinning up at him with her arms crossed.

"I'm here to whisk you away on another date before I have to leave for my oh so long mission," pouted Shisui cheekily, unfolding Haruki's arms and spinning her around. "I leave tomorrow, but the Hokage's informed me that I'll be gone for a good few weeks."

Haruki frowned at the news, but she knew it couldn't be helped. Being the valuable shinobi he was, Shisui was constantly employed by the Hokage to see to dangerous A-Rank and S-Rank missions, never failing to exceed everyone's expectations.

"Ah, that's too bad," sighed Haruki, whose own mission had taken over a week to complete. "Well, I suppose we could go get something to eat. Where should we go?"

*

"Hey, oji-chan! Two bowls of miso ramen, please!"

As Haruki and Shisui settled into their seats at Ichiraku Ramen, Shisui seemed to recognise the woman and little boy who were already seated there.

"Kushina-sama!" greeted the Uchiha, bowing at the redheaded woman as she sat with a blond boy beside her. Haruki then recognised the woman as the Hokage's wife, and bowed out of reverence.

"Oh! Shisui, how are you?" said Kushina warmly, looking up from her ramen bowl.

"Good, thank you. You and Naruto having dinner?"

Kushina sighed and flicked her son in the arm, shaking her head.

"He's been begging me all week to come here," she said, rolling her eyes as Naruto slurped his noodles beside her. "This is his treat." 

With that, Kushina turned towards Haruki and smiled.

"Hello. I don't believe we've properly met before," she said kindly, waving at Haruki as she sat on the other side of Shisui. "But I do know you. It's nice to meet you, Haruki!"

"It's nice to meet you too, Kushina-sama."

"Actually, I think your sister is in Naruto's class," said Kushina, turning back to her son. "Naruto, Hinata is in your class, right?"

"... yeah? Probably."

"With Iruka, right?" said Shisui, leaning on the counter as he peered over at the young boy. "Damn, who would've known Iruka would become an Academy teacher."

"Surprising, right? But all the children adore him, especially Naruto. Iruka's the only reason Naruto's been begging me to bring him here all the time," laughed Kushina.

"Two bowls of ramen!"

Haruki thanked Teuchi as he placed a bowl of ramen before herself and Shisui, before turning her focus back to Kushina.

"You look like you've seen better days," chuckled Kushina as she took in Haruki's appearance. Considering the Hyūga had only just recently returned from her mission, her clothes were dirty and singed, with traces of her last scuffle with enemy ninja still evident on her face.

"Oh! Yeah, I just got back from a mission," explained Haruki, scratching the back of her head in embarrassment.

"Welcome back. Well, don't let me interrupt. Enjoy your food!"

"Thanks, Kushina-sama."

Shisui and Haruki turned their attention back to each other, where he picked up his chopsticks with a wink.

"Let's eat!"