Full House

"Knock knock, it's us!"

A few months into Shisui's role as the Hokage, Haruki had stopped by his office to talk to him during their lunch break. He rarely left when he was on break, meaning that Haruki took it upon herself to go up to his office and keep him company while they rested.

Standing beside Shisui's seat with her arms crossed, the Hyūga gasped and rushed over to the two figures who had entered the room; fresh from their vacation, Minato and Kushina.

"Hokage- uhh... Minato-sama! Kushina-sama!" exclaimed Haruki excitedly, bounding over and throwing her arms around the two for a hug. "How was your getaway?!"

"The best," sighed Kushina wistfully, patting Haruki on the back before their embrace was broken. "How have you two been?"

"Still adjusting, but we're getting there," chuckled Shisui from his desk, signing some papers as he looked up. "How can I be of assistance?"

"You tell me," grinned Minato, walking over to the Uchiha's former desk, which now sat unoccupied. "You look like you're doing well, but are you sure you don't need any help? Having an assistant never hurt."

"I appreciate the thought, but I really think I should at least try to get through my first year alone," mused Shisui, resuming his paperwork. "Otherwise I wouldn't be a very good Hokage, would I?"

"Whatever you say, whatever you say," shrugged Minato, crossing his arms as he leaned against Shisui's old desk. "So, Haruki-chan, how are all the boys?"

"They're good, they're really good! Masumi's training and studying hard for his jōnin exam, and whenever he's free, he likes to help out Riku, Sora, and Mamoru with their training as well," gushed Haruki, stars in her eyes as they discussed her favourite topic: her children. "Riku and Sora are set to graduate in a couple of years, and Mamoru's probably going to graduate at the normal time, so that's all something to look forward to! Also, Kaname and Kaito's speech has gotten so much better, you should come around and have dinner with us some time! It'd be a good chance for all of us to catch up, and you can talk to them yourselves!"

"We'd love to! And I know your birthday was last month, but happy birthday anyway," interjected Kushina, taking Haruki's hand in her own and shaking it vigorously. "Thirty years never looked so good on anyone else!"

"You were still a youthful beauty when you were thirty, Kushina," chuckled Minato, earning a smug look from his wife as she whipped her long hair over her shoulder.

"And I still am!"

The four adults burst into laughter, but Minato especially had a sentimental look in his eyes.

"Look at you two," he said softly, walking over to Shisui's desk and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Sixteen years ago, you first met. Sixteen years ago, I put you together on that one mission that changed everything. How insane is that?"

"Take all the credit for setting them up, why don't you?" said Kushina, poking her tongue at the Namikaze.

"I'm just putting it out there," said the former Hokage, raising his hands in self-defence. "You know. In case my speech at the wedding wasn't clear enough."

More laughter erupted, and Haruki found herself sitting down on Shisui's lap as she placed her arms around him for a hug.

"Thank you for that," she said softly, a loving gleam in her eyes as she looked at her love.

"Really, thank you," said Shisui, nodding at his superior.

"Sixteen years later, and you have six kids!" cheered Minato, fist-pumping in victory at his lowkey matchmaking skills. "See, Kushina- I'm not so bad after all!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," said his wife, rolling her eyes. "I still don't think you should've interfered with Naruto, though!"

"But I guess the important thing is that he and Hinata have finally come clean," added Haruki, waving a finger in the air. "So, that's all that matters, right?"

"I guess. Anyway, we just dropped by to say hi! Don't let us disturb you two any longer- we'll talk about that dinner plan later!"

"Alright! See you later!"

Minato and Kushina graciously took their leave, prompting Shisui to sigh as Haruki remained comfortably seated on his lap.

"I love you," she said randomly, smiling at him brightly.

"I love you too."

"Also... I think it's time."

"Time for...?"

"Number seven."

Shisui chuckled, resting his forehead against Haruki's as she leaned closer to him.

"Tonight, then?" he said with a smirk, earning a wink from his wife.

"I'll book a room right now."

Placing a final kiss on Shisui's lips, Haruki stood up and headed to the window. She had 15 more minutes left, so she was going to use that time to find a place for her and Shisui to spend the night.

"Wear something nice!" called out the Uchiha, waving at Haruki as she dashed out of the window and onto the surrounding rooftops below. With a final laugh to himself, Shisui returned to his paperwork. As tedious as it was, he now at least had something to look forward to.