Surprise

"This is babysitting on a whole new level."

Haruki sat with her head leaning on Shisui's shoulder at Senju Park, letting out a sigh as they watched three of Shisui's shadow clones each holding a child. The shadow clone charged with looking after Masumi was busy weaving through trees as they played tag, while the two holding each of the twins were simply carrying them and making funny faces. The Uchiha had been home for three months now, and every day he wasn't out on a mission he tried to spend with each of his children to make up for the time they'd lost before.

"It gives me the chance to hang out with all three of them at the same time, so it's a win-win for everyone," laughed Shisui, placing his hand on Haruki's thigh as they watched the unusual scene before them. As ordinary civilians walked past the family, several people's heads turned in curiosity to witness the odd scene before them; however, after seeing Shisui's forehead protector and shinobi get up, they put two and two together before continuing about their business.

"I hope that by telling the Hokage you won't go on long missions, you haven't hurt your chances of being Hokage in the future," frowned Haruki, now concerned about her husband's bid to become the village's top shinobi. "The Hokage is supposed to put the village first, even before their own family."

"I'm not too fussed about it," reassured Shisui, lifting his arm and placing it around Haruki's shoulders. "Whatever happens, happens. I can still provide for our seven children as a regular jōnin."

"We can," corrected Haruki, still determined to return to the workforce once she was ready. "Eventually."

"You focus on our kids," said Shisui, leaning his head on Haruki's as he stared at his shadow clones. "Or would you like to swap? What if I stopped working for a year to look after the kids, and you can go back to work?"

"As lovely as that sounds, it'll probably have to wait until baby number four is born."

"Really? Why's that?"

"... ah, yeah. Surprise."

Shisui sat up straight, pulling away from his wife with wide eyes.

"Haru-chan."

"Two months and counting. Woo!"

"Haru-chan!"