Delegation

"It is an honour to meet you all. I am Uchiha Shisui, and this is my partner, Uchiha Haruki. We'll be working closely with you for the duration of your stay here in Konoha, and we hope that it's an enjoyable experience for both yourselves and the children."

Two weeks of meticulous planning and one week of finalisation later, Haruki and Shisui greeted the Suna delegation at the village gate with friendly smiles on their faces. It was late in the afternoon, and they could read the exhaustion on the children's faces from a mile away.

Alongside the Kazekage's three children- whom they had later found out to be named Kankuro, Temari, and Gaara- the thirty one Academy students were also accompanied by not one, but two jōnin named Pakura and Baki, both of whom nodded curtly at the Konoha pair's introduction.

"It is a pleasure to meet you," said Pakura, sizing up Haruki and Shisui as they towered above herself. "We trust that you will take care of our children well."

"Of course," noted Haruki, her mind instantly wandering to her own children at daycare. "May Shisui and I introduce ourselves to the children first, and then we can get started?"

"By all means," said Baki gruffly, arms crossed as he nodded for Haruki and Shisui to address the flock of Suna children. The pair stepped away from the two jōnin and waved for the children's attention, eventually bringing them to silence.

"Hello everyone! Welcome to Konohagakure!" announced Haruki loudly, waving her arms around. "My name is Haruki, and I'll be one of the Konoha jōnin who will be looking after you for the next two weeks!"

"And I'm Shisui," waved the Uchiha, grinning at the children. A series of gasps went around the group at seeing their two caretakers, most notably so from boys and girls gawping over the pair's good looks and charm. "We take it you all must be tired, so if you follow me and Haruki, we'll take you to the hotel and explain the programme we have for you once we're there and settled! How does that sound?"

"Good!"

"Alright, just follow me, and Haruki will bring up the back!"

Shisui winked at Haruki as he turned on his heel, beckoning for the children to follow him as he did so.

"Off we go!"

As Haruki fell back, a couple of students found the courage to approach her with timid smiles.

"U-Um, Haruki-san..."

"Yes?"

The two girls whispered to each other, before one finally pushed the other forward to ask the pressing question that was on their minds.

"Are you and Shisui-san relatives, or...? I mean, he said you're both Uchiha, so... are you two siblings or..."

Haruki laughed, shaking her head at the pair.

"We're married," she explained gently, walking with her hands behind her back. "If that helps."

Looking rather disappointed, the girl who had asked nodded and pulled her friend away so that they could join the rest of their schoolmates.

But I mean, there's other boys your age in the clan if you're that interested, thought Haruki to herself with a snicker.

"Haruki-san?"

This time, Haruki was approached by the three Suna siblings.

"We had a look at the itinerary, and although we appreciate the fact that you took the time to split us up into willing families... is there a way for one of us to be placed with Gaara?" asked Temari, frowning at her little brother.

"I've told you two this already. I'll be fine," said Gaara sourly, glaring at his older siblings.

"But Gaara-"

"Don't change their plans just because you two want to babysit me," spat the redhead. "I'll be fine. Leave it."

Gaara stormed away from his two older siblings, leaving Haruki with wide eyes as she awkwardly examined the situation.

"Well..."

Kankuro put a reassuring hand on Temari's shoulder, shaking his head.

"Never mind, Haruki-san. Thank you."

"No problem!"