Return

"We just got back and you're leaving me already?"

Shisui feigned a pout as he and Haruki checked back into the village six days after they'd left for their mission, watching as the Hyūga hurriedly scribbled her arrival time and signed the page in an attempt to speed up the process.

"Oooh, trouble in paradise?" teased Kotetsu as Haruki straightened up, earning a punch in the arm from Izumo. Haruki pulled a face at the pair before strutting off, leaving Shisui to follow her as she hurried off.

"I need to check on my mother," said Haruki in a panic, having stressed over her mother's wellbeing for the past two days due to a dream she'd had while they were away on their mission. While she knew that dreams were merely dreams, she couldn't help but feel trepidation about her mother's state, especially with the baby's due date approaching.

"Is everything okay?" asked Shisui as he quickly followed, not wanting to slow his partner down.

"I don't know, I just feel- ugh, I don't know!" exclaimed Haruki in exasperation, throwing her hands up in the air. "I just need to check up on her. Shisui, please, I need to go home. I'll see you later, okay?"

With that, Haruki broke off and shot away from the Uchiha, leaving him standing in the dust as he watched her leap home.