ripped (danielle x fem reader)

danielle was staring at the empty space in front of her. she was trying to fight back the tears that threatened to spill from her eyes, but it was a losing battle. she had never felt so helpless before, and it was all because of y/n.

y/n had been acting distant lately, and danielle couldn't figure out why. she had tried to talk to her, but y/n would always brush her off, saying that everything was fine. but danielle knew better. something was bothering y/n, and she had a feeling that it was something serious.

it was a saturday night, and danielle had planned a romantic evening for the two of them. she had made reservations at their favourite restaurant, and she had even bought y/n a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

but when y/n arrived, she was quiet and distant as usual. danielle tried to make small talk, but y/n barely responded. she just nodded and played with her food as danielle spoke.

as they ate their dinner, danielle tried to bring up the topic again, but y/n cut her off.

"I can't do this anymore, danielle," y/n said, her voice barely above a whisper. "I'm sorry, but I think we should break up."

danielle felt like the air had been knocked out of her. she couldn't believe what she was hearing. they had been together for two years, and now y/n wanted to end things?

she tried to hold back the tears, but they started to flow freely down her cheeks.

"why?" danielle managed to choke out. "what did I do wrong?"

"it's not you, danielle," y/n said, her voice shaking. "it's me. I just don't feel the same way about you anymore."

"what do you mean, you don't feel the same way about me?" danielle asked, trying to keep her voice steady.

"I'm sorry, danielle," y/n said, tears streaming down her face. "I've been feeling this way for a while now. I didn't want to hurt you, but I can't keep pretending."

"is there someone else?" danielle asked, her voice shaking.

y/n hesitated for a moment before nodding. "yes," she said. "I've met someone else."

danielle felt like she had been hit by a truck. she couldn't believe what she was hearing. y/n was breaking up with her because she didn't love her anymore?

she had never felt so hurt and betrayed in her life. danielle had given everything to y/n, and now she was being thrown away like she meant nothing.

"how long?" danielle asked, her voice barely audible. y/n fidgeted a bit before answering her.

"a few weeks," y/n said, looking down at her hands. "I'm so sorry, danielle. I never meant to hurt you... it's just not the same anymore."

danielle felt like screaming. how could y/n do this to her? how could she throw away everything they had built together for some random person she had just met?

she couldn't even find the strength to scream at y/n. she just sat there, numb and broken, as y/n packed her things and left, without saying goodbye.

the rest of the evening was a blur to danielle. she couldn't even remember how she got home.

all she knew was that she was alone, and her heart was shattered into a million pieces. she didn't know how she would ever be able to put them back together again.

she couldn't imagine a life without y/n, but now she didn't have a choice.

days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. danielle tried to move on, but it was impossible. everywhere she looked, she saw reminders of y/n. the park where they had their first date, the coffee shop where they used to study together, even the songs on the radio that they used to sing together.

danielle knew that she would never love anyone the way she loved y/n. but now y/n was gone, and there was nothing she could do about it. all she could do was try to survive each day without her, even though it felt like her heart was being ripped out of her chest.