only pt.2 (haerin x fem reader)

haerin shook her head, looking at her surroundings in confusion. she had no idea what had happened. she just gained consciousness out of nowhere.

she took a look around. y/n was not anywhere near her. she panicked, trying to find y/n.

then, she heard footsteps shuffling nearby. she peeked out from behind the wall, and saw a zombie lurking in the same building.

she slowly grabbed a knife and approached them. raising it in her hand, she was going to stab the zombie when it turned around and growled at her.

"y-y/n?" her breath stiffened as y/n sniffed and growled at her. she felt herself going dizzy, looking at y/n. she was greyish, her eyes were cloudy, and there was no sign of humanity in her.

"y/n-ah..." haerin sobbed as y/n just sniffed and growled, dragging her feet around. even though y/n was in that state, she could still recognise her.

she took a look at y/n's neck and was horrified by how horribly torn her skin was.

how did y/n get bitten? she had no idea... or did she?

she tried to remember everything that had happened. she could remember up till when they ran to the building.

she remembered her asking y/n to shoot her.

then, everything went blank.

she looked down at the scratch on her arm. maybe she did turn. but then...

"I will always love you."

her eyes widened as she remembered y/n saying that. maybe, she had turned. she turned and turned back.

she didn't know how, but she somehow did.

haerin's heart sank as she realized that she had attacked y/n while she was in a zombie state. she could hear y/n's screams and cries in her mind, and it made her feel sick to her stomach.

she remembered how y/n reassured her while getting bitten, and it upset her.

tears streamed down her face as she fell to her knees. she couldn't believe what she had done.

"y/n, you idiot. why didn't you fight back?" she sobbed and hugged y/n. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry."

"I promise I'll find a way to save you."