heartbreaking (minji x fem reader)

tw // gore

minji couldn't believe what she was hearing. her boss had just ordered her to kill y/n, the love of her life. she felt sick to her stomach as she tried to process the request. she couldn't bear the thought of hurting y/n, let alone ending her life.

she knew she had to tell y/n about the order, but she was dreading the conversation. when she finally worked up the courage to tell her, y/n's reaction surprised her. she laughed, but it was a hollow, pained laugh.

"how ironic," she said. "the person i love the most is the one who's been ordered to kill me."

minji's heart shattered as she looked into y/n's eyes. she could see the pain and sadness in them, and it broke her heart. she took y/n's hand and held it tight.

"i'm so sorry," she said. "i have no choice," minji continued, revealing the dagger she had been hiding behind her back. with a trembling hand, she hovered the dagger above y/n's chest, directly in front of her heart.

"... i would still love you even if you do it."

"i'm really sorry y/n."

"don't be. it's just part of a job. it'll be over really quick," y/n said, pulling the dagger closer to her chest.

minji shut her eyes and plunged the dagger into y/n's chest. the sound of flesh tearing and bones cracking filled the room. y/n fell to the ground, gasping for air, blood pouring out of the wound.

minji collapsed beside her, holding her in her arms, tears streaming down her face. "i'm so sorry," she said. "i had to do it. i had no choice."

y/n looked up at her, her eyes filled with love and forgiveness. "i know," she said. "i forgive you. i will always love you."

and with those words, y/n took her last breath and minji was left alone, holding her lifeless body in her arms. she wept bitterly, knowing that she had lost the love of her life forever. but she knew that y/n would always be with her, in her heart and in her memories.