only (haerin x fem reader)

the world had turned into a nightmare. zombies roamed the streets, hungry for human flesh. haerin and y/n had been running for hours, their hearts pounding with fear and the adrenaline of survival.

as they climbed up a fence, a zombie scratched haerin. y/n's eyes widened and she quickly pushed the zombie away and helped haerin.

"y/n, just leave me!" haerin said as they ran.

"I will never leave you!" y/n responded, pulling haerin, who was slowing down her runs.

"there's an empty building there," y/n pointed, and firmly pulled haerin with her. haerin tried to loosen y/n's grip, but y/n only tightened her grip when she felt haerin twisting her hand.

they both entered the building, and y/n made sure to take a look around to make sure there wasn't any zombies.

she then blocked the entrance where they came from with abandoned planks and tables.

y/n and haerin sat down, leaning back against the wall in the darkness. they were breathless from all the running.

haerin winced in pain as she looked down at the scratch on her arm. "I'm sorry, y/n. I shouldn't have slowed us down," she said, her voice trembling.

y/n shook her head, taking haerin's hand in hers. "don't say that. we're in this together, remember?" she said, her voice soft and reassuring.

"but, y/n... I'm going to turn..."

"I don't care, haerin. we are in this together."

"y/n, no," haerin said, her voice shaking as she reached into her bag. her head twitching as she took something out.

"shoot me," she said, her hand and voice trembling. her eyes were slowly turning bloodshot red, and her veins on her neck visible.

"haerin..." y/n sobbed as she took the gun from haerin. her hand was shaking and she slowly backed away from haerin.

"just shoot me!" haerin yelled, her face turning grey. she could feel the virus spreading in her body rapidly.

y/n stood there, tears streaming down her face as she watched haerin turn.

haerin snarled at y/n, and pounced on her. y/n let out a scream, and dropped the gun.

she cried out in pain as haerin sunk her teeth into her flesh. she couldn't bring herself to fight back haerin.

she just laid there, getting bitten. she tossed the gun away and gently stroked haerin's hair with a trembling hand.

"it- it's okay... I'll always love you," y/n whispered as tears streamed down her face. her veins were popping out of her neck and she whimpered in pain as haerin bit her neck continuously.

"it's okay, it's okay because I love you," y/n kept crying as haerin kept feasting on her.

even though y/n knew that haerin couldn't understand her now, she kept reassuring her, whispering words of love and comfort as haerin continued to bite her.

she knew that haerin was lost to the virus now, that there was no way to save her, but she couldn't help but feel a sense of duty to keep reassuring her until the end.

aa the pain grew more intense, y/n kept whispering words of love, telling haerin how much she meant to her, and how much she would always love her, even in death.

and even though haerin couldn't respond, y/n knew that her words were reaching her on some level, that their love was still alive, even in the face of such despair.

y/n hugged haerin tightly as she drew her last breath as a human.

"I will always love you," she whispered before she started twitching and turning.