dear cupid (haerin x fem reader)

y/n was a cupid, tasked with helping humans find their true love.

she received a letter from hanni, telling her how she is secretly harbouring feelings for her friend, minji, but didn't know how to confess.

y/n was thrilled to receive the letter and giggled as she read the content of the letters. she had a soft spot for live stories like this. she disguised herself as a human, and set out to befriend hanni to help her.

"hey, psst," y/n called out to hanni in the library. hanni looked around, confused and curious.

"you are hanni, right?"

"yes... and you are?"

"y/n. your cupid at your service," y/n held a hand out to shake hanni's hands. hanni's eyes widened as y/n revealed herself to her.

"you don't look like a cupid though. where's your arrows and bow to shoot?"

"hey, being a cupid does not mean I just shoot. I need to help you and your friend, minji, connect more emotionally. besides, I don't need to shoot anyone because you two are in fact, in love with each other but just haven't confessed."

"she is in love with me?" hanni giggled at the thought and jumped up and down at her spot.

just as y/n was about to speak again, someone rushed over and bumped into her shoulder.

"hanni, what's taking so long? and who is this?"

"uhm... just talking to a new friend. y/n, this is haerin. haerin, this is y/n."

"hmm... she looks pretty," haerin said as she eyed y/n. y/n couldn't believe how straightforward she was being.

it was quite flattering for her but she is after all, a cupid. "you don't look that bad yourself either," y/n blurted out.

"thank you. maybe we could exchange numbers?" haerin asked, holding out her phone to y/n.

y/n chuckled to herself. she knew that haerin was interested in her, but as a cupid, she couldn't reciprocate those feelings. she took haerin's phone and punched in her number, knowing that it was all part of her mission to help humans find love.

y/n continued to help hanni and minji with their love story. they eventually confessed and got together.

y/n's mission was done. she would have to go back to where she came from. but that meant she would leave haerin. she decided to stay longer with haerin.

she had found herself enjoying haerin's company more and more, and she couldn't help but feel a sense of longing whenever they said goodbye.

but y/n was a cupid, and she knew that falling in love with a human was forbidden. she tried to push her feelings aside, but the more time she spent with haerin, the harder it became.

one day, y/n's senior, another cupid, appeared before her. "y/n, i've been watching you," the senior said. "it's clear to me that you've fallen in love with a human."

y/n hung her head, ashamed that she had let her feelings get the best of her. "i know, but i can't help it," she said. "haerin is amazing, and i can't imagine my life without her."

the senior nodded. "i understand. that's why i'm here. i have achoice to offer you. you can either become a human and forget about your life as a cupid, along with all the memories of your past life. or you can choose to remain a cupid and leave haerin behind."

y/n was torn. she knew that becoming human meant giving up her life as a cupid, and all the people she had helped find love. but she also couldn't bear the thought of losing haerin.

after much contemplation, y/n made her decision. she knew what she had to do. she chose to become a human and be with haerin, even if it meant losing all her memories of her life as a cupid and her friends.

the senior nodded, knowing that it was a difficult decision for y/n to make. "i understand your choice," the senior said. "you are a brave cupid, y/n. and i'm sure you will find happiness in your new life."

and so, y/n became a human, with no memory of her life as a cupid. but she had haerin and new friends, and that was all that mattered. they started dating, and y/n found herself happier than she had ever been before.