sick (newjeans x fem reader)

y/n had been feeling under the weather for a few days, but she had been pushing herself to go to school. however, when she woke up one morning with a fever and a headache that refused to go away, she knew she had to take a break.

living alone made her feel lonely, but to her surprise, her phone started buzzing with messages from her friends: minji, hanni, daniell, haerin, and hyein. they were all worried about her and wanted to take care of her.

within an hour, the girls arrived at y/n's doorstep, carrying gifts of soup, medicine, and blankets. they had even brought a thermometer to check y/n's temperature and a humidifier to help her breathe easier.

y/n was touched by their kindness. they took turns taking care of her, making sure she was comfortable and had everything she needed.

"how are you feeling, y/n?" hanni asked, checking her temperature.

"not so great," y/n answered, wincing as she tried to sit up.

"here, let me fluff up your pillows," danielle said, adjusting the cushions behind y/n's back.

"we brought some of your favorite snacks too," haerin said, holding up a bag of chips.

"thanks, guys," y/n said, feeling a bit overwhelmed by their care.

they chatted and laughed as they took care of y/n. hanni regaled them with stories from her latest drama shoot, while minji talked about her upcoming exam. danielle shared some funny memes she had found online, and hyein talked about her latest cosplay project. haerin made them all some tea, and they sipped it as they talked.

as the day went on, y/n's fever began to subside, and her headache disappeared. she felt much better, thanks to her friends' care and attention.

"looks like you're on the mend," hanni said, smiling at y/n.

"thanks to you guys," y/n said, feeling grateful.

"we're just glad we could help," minji said, patting y/n's hand.

as the day drew to a close, the girls prepared to leave.

"feel better, y/n," danielle said, giving her a hug.

"we'll check on you tomorrow," haerin promised.

hyein gave y/n a high five. "get some rest, okay?"

hanni lingered behind, looking at y/n with concern. "do you need anything else? i can stay a bit longer."

y/n hesitated for a moment, but then she smiled at hanni. "actually, would you mind staying a bit longer? i'd love the company."

"of course," hanni said, smiling back at her. "i can make you some porridge, too, if you want?"

"that sounds amazing," y/n said, grateful for hanni's offer.

the other girls looked at each other, and then they all chimed in. "we can stay too, if you want!"

y/n felt touched by their offer. "really? you guys are the best."

hanni went to the kitchen to prepare the porridge, and y/n couldn't resist hugging her from behind. hanni smiled at her, but then minji pulled y/n away, looking a bit jealous.

"hey, y/n, i don't want hanni to get sick too," minji said, making an excuse.

hanni chuckled. "i'll be fine, minji. thanks for looking out for me, though."

hyein then grabbed y/n's hand and dragged her to the living room. "let's play some games!"

the girls spent the rest of the day playing board games and watching movies. they made y/n laugh and forget about her sickness for a while. hanni stayed by her side, making sure she had everything she needed.

as the day turned to night, the girls started to leave one by one. y/n felt grateful for their care and attention.

"thanks for staying, guys," y/n said, looking at them.

"anytime," hanni said, smiling at her.

as hanni was about to leave, y/n hugged her tightly. hanni returned the hug, and y/n felt her heart skip a beat.

as they parted, y/n looked at hanni, hoping for a sign. but hanni simply smiled at her and said, "take care, y/n. i'll see you soon."

y/n felt a bit disappointed, but she knew that she had some amazing friends in her life. she lay in bed, feeling grateful for their love and care. and maybe, just maybe, there was a chance for something more with hanni.

bumperjumper_