do I make you nervous pt.3 (minji x fem reader)

months passed after the attack. minji's company was busy trying to rebuild themselves.

y/n was constantly on minji's mind. no matter how many times she texted or called, there was no reply.

finally, she decided to go to y/n's agency to find her.

she cautiously made her way to the reception and asked for y/n.

"what are you doing here?" the man there asked minji, backing away carefully.

"I'm not here to harm you. I just want to know where is y/n."

the man's face fell at the mention of y/n. "y/n?"

"yeah. I'm looking for y/n."

"she... she's dead."

minji froze, her heart sinking at his words. "what do you mean... she's dead?"

"I'm sorry. it appears that she got caught up in a crossfire during the attack and was shot. the building was burnt and her body is presumably burnt."

"that cannot be true."

"I'm sorry for your loss."

minji had been crying. she didn't know what to do. y/n was gone and she couldn't focus on her missions.

after days of cooping herself up in her room, she decided to finally take a walk outside.

she went to a convenience store to buy alcohol. it was her way of coping. as she reached for a bottle, she noticed y/n's favourite drink.

without thinking, she picked it up along with her alcohol.

she made her way to the cashier, looking down in sadness.

"do you need a bag?"

minji looked up from her purse, her eyes widening.

"y/n?"

"who?" the cashier asked. minji then looked at the name tag. it wasn't y/n.

"I'm sorry, you just look like someone I know," minji said, feeling slightly embarrassed. the cashier just hummed in response as she scanned the items.

as minji handed the cashier her payment, the woman slipped a small note into her hand. startled, minji looked up to see the cashier giving her a small smile before turning to help the next customer.

curious, minji exited the store and unfolded the note. it read, "apartment 5c, 6pm."

her heart raced as she read it. "y/n..."

minji made her way to the stated apartment in the note. as she arrived, she had second thoughts. the apartment looked shady.

she hesitated and knocked on the door.

it opened and she was greeted by the same cashier.

"minji."

"y/n? it's really you!" minji ran in jumped into y/n's embrace.

"you're real," minji cupped y/n's cheeks. "I knew that was you."

y/n smiled back at minji. "I'm sorry I couldn't reach you earlier."

"I thought you were mad at me."

"I was, for a while. that was until I saw you at the company, almost getting shot."

"you saw me?... you're the one who saved me? but how?"

"you know, as a spy, I wear a bulletproof vest and carry fake blood with me as a decoy..."

"y/n you genius," minji cried as she pulled y/n in for a kiss. "I'm sorry I betrayed you."

"it's okay. I left the agency and they don't know I'm still alive. we can be together freely now."

"I love you," minji said, kissing y/n. "I won't ever let you go again."