shattered (minji x fem reader)

y/n opened the door to their apartment, excited to be spending time with minji. her boss let her work half day after seeing how hard she worked.

she opened the door, smiling to herself at the thought of seeing minji.

when she stepped in, she paused. she saw minji, half naked, kissing down hanni's neck.

they were unaware of her presence, too engrossed with each other. y/n watched as hanni giggled and pulled minji in for a kiss.

y/n dropped her phone, making it land with a thud.

y/n's world shattered in an instant as they stood frozen, unable to tear their eyes away from the heartbreaking scene playing out before them. the sound of their phone hitting the floor snapped minji and hanni out of their intimate embrace, their eyes widening in shock as they finally noticed y/n's presence.

time seemed to stand still as an overwhelming mix of emotions surged through y/n. hurt, betrayal, and anger coursed through their veins, threatening to consume them entirely. the once joyous anticipation of spending time with minji had transformed into a painful realization of infidelity.

with trembling hands, y/n struggled to find their voice, the words escaping in a hoarse whisper, "what... what is happening here?"

minji's face paled, guilt etched across her features as she hastily moved away from hanni. her voice quivered as she attempted to explain, "y/n, i... i'm sorry. it's not what it looks like. i can explain."

"what's there to explain, minji?"

"it's not what you think..."

"not what i think?! you're half naked, kissing each other and it's not what i think?"

y/n's voice trembled with a mixture of hurt and frustration, their eyes welling up with tears. the shock and pain of the betrayal threatened to consume them, making it difficult to process minji's feeble attempt at justification.

"minji, spare me the excuses. how can you stand there and tell me it's not what i think? i saw everything with my own eyes. you were kissing hanni, right here in our home," y/n retorted, their voice laced with a raw mix of disbelief and anger.

minji's face contorted with regret, her voice desperate as she tried to explain herself. "y/n, please, just give me a chance to explain. there's more to it than what you saw."

y/n's brows furrowed, their voice filled with bitterness. "more to it? what could possibly justify this betrayal? i trusted you, minji. we were supposed to be in a committed relationship, and now i find you with someone else."

hanni, standing by awkwardly, chimed in with a hint of guilt in her voice. "y/n, i didn't mean for things to turn out this way. i never intended to hurt you."

y/n's gaze shifted to hanni, their eyes burning with a mix of hurt and accusation. "and yet, here we are. you both hurt me, and you expect me to just accept your apologies?"

minji reached out, her voice pleading. "y/n, please believe me when i say it's not as simple as it seems. there are underlying reasons that led us here."

y/n's voice cracked, their heartache evident in every word. "i don't know if i can believe anything you say right now, minji. the trust has been shattered. how can i ever look at you the same way?"

silence hung heavily in the air as y/n struggled to come to terms with the harsh reality before them. the pain ran deep, and forgiveness felt like an impossible mountain to climb.

finally, y/n took a deep breath, their voice filled with a mix of sadness and determination. "i need some time alone to process everything. right now, i can't be near either of you."

minji's eyes filled with regret, tears streaming down her face. "y/n, please, don't shut me out. i never wanted to hurt you. i still love you."

y/n's expression softened momentarily, but their resolve remained firm. "love shouldn't come at the cost of my own happiness and self-worth, minji. i need space to figure out what's best for me."

with that, y/n turned away, their steps heavy as they walked out of the apartment, leaving behind a shattered relationship and the painful echoes of a love they thought was built on trust.

AnnaMyoui