Chapter 1

The majestic strains of the pipe organ spread out in concentric circles.

On both sides of the Virgin Road, guests in colorful robes filled the seats, and the whole ceremony was filled with solemn dignity.

In terms of formality, it was as perfect as a duke's wedding.

However, there was no wedding-like joy or bustle to be seen anywhere.

'I think it would be more appropriate to call it a funeral.'

It really is.

Both the groom's guests and the bride's guests have dark faces.

'Please control your facial expressions, no matter how uncomfortable you feel. Am I the only one who can do this?'

I have to walk into the middle of this frozen ceremony and stand next to a man who will kill me.

"Now, Edith Riegelhoff, please come in."

The priest who did not know whether he had come to officiate at a wedding or to attend a funeral mass ordered my entrance grimly.

I had practiced all day yesterday, rehearsing in my head, but I couldn't help feeling nervous.

I walked slowly forward, kicking the hem of my dress with my toes, just as I had practiced with all my strength to prevent an accidental fall.

But the skirt is not the problem with the wedding dress I am wearing.

My breasts...... I mean, I know my breasts are big and beautiful, but they are too exposed.

This is the first time I am wearing it, and I think something is missing to cover my chest.

'No matter how good a sensual dress is, isn't it a bit too much on a wedding day?'

As if I was not the only one who thought so, the glances that looked at me clearly contained negative emotions; disgust, contempt, disrespect, or lust.

I walked over to the man who will one day slit my throat, cutting through the heavy air that I couldn't even feel the flakes of favor.

Of course, he didn't even look at me. To him, I must be like a curse or punishment given to him.

'Whoa, I didn't fall down anyway. Step one is clear.'

I bent my knees and bowed my head slightly towards the priest to show my courtesy and breathed a sigh of relief.

The priest nodded his head indifferently and began to recite a prayer of blessing.

"All things in the world praise you, my God, Hershan. I bless you both, beautiful man and woman, who today will build a happy and warm family in the arms of the Creator today......"

Well...... I don't think I will ever be able to create a happy or warm future with this man.

In this situation, knowing that a man who hates me is going to slit my throat, it's extremely unclear whether I'll be able to get either a "happy or warm family" or a "future".

But there is no way for me to deny or avoid this situation beforehand.

When I opened my eyes, I was in the body of a woman who was going to get married in a week.

How crazy the process was, too.

***

Misfortune never comes alone.

That's what happened that day.

"Soo-na! I told you not to do this!"

"Yes? This is senior Yeong-eun's—"