Chapter 145

11. Flashback (4)

'She is a soul who was once dead, yet is still alive in this world. A living being would instinctively try to avoid death......'

Pondering, Lizé slowly decided on the third exception condition.

[The third exception condition has been set. The third exception condition: Do not resist your death fate.]

It's a terrible paradox, if you try to live, you die, and if you try to die, you live.

'The only problem is that Edith might give up at the last moment......'

Actually, Lizé wanted to make a condition like, "Accept your death gladly," or something even more impossible, but there are constraints on this 'condition'.

That's exactly what it means to not deviate from probability.

There is a slight possibility of Edith's desperation in the story so that she could put the condition on not resisting the fate of death.

So, there's just that much risk probability.

'But I can't think of a condition stronger than this.'

Lizé felt triumphant and vowed that in the future she would try to kill Edith herself.

***

But Killian, so far freed from Lizé's control, acted like a character who existed to love Edith.

When he brought Edith to tea, Killian was no longer "the second male lead with a crush on Lizé Sinclair."

His eyes were glued to Edith the entire time.

They exchanged intimate glances, seemingly oblivious to Lizé and Cliff.

Then, Lizé turned to Killian with an innocent look on her face.

"By the way, Killian. I'm sorry, but I was wondering if you could come with me to Le Belle-Marie next Friday? I got a call that the shoes I customized with you the other day are finished."

"Oh! I can't believe it's already been that long."

"Yes. If you're busy, that's okay......"

"No, no, I'll come with you," Killian replied casually, not looking at Edith.

'Yeah, there is still room to bring back Killian.'

The remaining 30% of control did not seem completely useless.

Lizé smiled as she looked at Edith, who did her best to hide her disappointment.

Then, a few days later, there was an unexpected visit from Count Sinclair at the mansion, also aiming for Edith's position.

'Why is the Sinclairs becoming Edith's enemy instead of mine?'

This is a very bad sign.

In order for Lizé to be a female lead, she needs a clear villain to attack her, and that power is waning.

The fact that they had shifted to targeting Edith also meant that Edith was becoming the female lead.

Lizé pressed down her impatience and waited for her outing with Killian.

She had to win Killian's heart that day.

Lizé urged Killian, who kept hesitating in front of Edith, to head to Le-Belle Marie Street, showing him a lot of smiles and charms that she did not show him often.

"Look at that, Killian! So cute!"

"They are cute. Do you want me to buy one?"

This is where Killian differs from the male lead, Cliff.